So....today i managed to figure out how to add a link to fellow friendly bloggers...if you noticed so far I have only added one that belongs to a fellow stay at home mom...Liz! Who I will give a shout out to for showing me the way, and giving me the idea of starting all this.
It is because of my friends in the Rbloggers for Peace group on Flicr that I started this journey into blogging yesterday, and I am taking it as a sign that perhaps this was all meant to be because I found my new Tshirt in the Mailbox yesterday too!! Props and Thanks to Meg...it is a great T, and I am wearing it now.
So back to my world on the Shoeless Acres!! Yesterday when we woke up at the usual 6:30am there was barely any snow on the ground and the morning was chilly. FF to dinnertime and after a full day of none stop snow, we have a good 4-6inches. Today the trees are covered in that pretty winterwonderland kinda snow, but the temperature still remains at -18degrees!!!! brrrrr! It was soo cold this morning my hubby Dennis had to run extentions to his truck and use a hair dryer to defrost his ignition!! Today they are calling for another couple of inches to arrive this afternoon. Welcome to life in the north!!! Luckily for us the woodstove is stoked...which I believe is the only heat that keeps you warm inside and out. On the downside, I have to go out to my only farminals left...two turkeys every couple of hours to give them "warm" water, and by the looks of things we will be keeping the birds till Dec.21. I rang the butcher this morning and booked the big event...fresh turkey for Christmas Dinner..YUM! It was funny when I asked the butcher how to transport them because the chicken crates were not gonna cut it...they are really big! He said "most people will just bring them in the trunk" so in the hatchback they will go!! As a bit of annoyance it would seem that some local hunter as used the end of our dead end street as a dumping ground for his venison/moose leftovers because my dogs are returning from their morning perimeter checks with some tasty tid bits, turning my yard into a doggy buffet of various bones, chunks of hide and meat. It would not bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact the old girl Nishka tends to scarf when she feels Daisy the puppy is getting too close resulting in a stagnent mess on my kitchen floor for me to clean (gag yuck gag!) So we are onto the afternoon. The kids have finished their school work for the morning, and today is Wednesday...cooking day!!! Some chocolate morsels my family calls FLUBDUBS....mmmmm good!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
ANNETTE! CONGRATULATIONS!! love it--so looking forward to reading more about you, your family and your life together!!! the site looks awesome! keep up your great work! :) thanks for sharing!!
Yay Anut!
Welcome to Blogger Land!
Thanks for sharing.
You are a great story teller. Can't wait for more.
Post a Comment