Figure it would be nice to share my green stuff and since the morning stuff is complete...cleaned main floor, kids finished math for the week, found the salt-dough-ornaments recipe online i was looking for, and the new ornaments are on the last 30mins of baking..craft time for the kids! I need new ornaments because Daisy is confusing the ones on the tree with tennis balls!!! #1 reason for having a small tree...wildlife on the acres!! being cheap ... might as well handcraft the decorations today and mix in craft time to boot!
Green Stuff....the stuff I do around the house and in life cause I think the earth deserves better than what it gets.
Cleaning....since my first apartment at 17yrs old I have used two things, the same two things everywhere I go....
Vinegar and Baking Soda
Vinegar...disinfects stuff...and I think freshens the smell of surfaces. I love the stuff...and have multile jugs throughout the house. Glass, surfaces, and fabric softener(when I actually used the dryer, the trick I have learned is to soak a sponge with every load, and it will take a couple of loads to start working) Besides it makes me sneeze, I won't use commercial fabric softener. I don't know who is more surprised when I have pointed out to new moms that it makes your clothes (specially the babes) flammable, me that people don't know it, or the people you tell who don't believe it and then go home to actually read the warning label on the package???
Baking Soda...also multiple boxes throughout the house. you can safely scrub just about anything, including pots and pans. If you are like me, on a septic system a cup of Soda down the toilet every week is great or your tank. Any accidents where the kid/dog does not make it off the carpet when ill...pour on the soda before you go in for the clean up mission, it will absorb the smell and save you a couple of gags! Even better get rid of the carpet...a pet peeve of mine I can't stand the collecting rotten mine field of carpet! When we moved in here and vaccumed the carpets...it was easy to tell from the huge cloud of smoke carpet fresh was used regularily...yuck!
For my highend kickass cleaning...ya know when you have company coming??LOL I swear by my steamer! it cleans any surface going...warning don't do the toilet tank strangely my cousin cracked hers in half! and my glazer husband reminds me no winter cold temp cleaning of the windows..they might just crack! But I know when I am through, any type of bug wanting to invade our space is...steamed to death. Now I just have to save the money to get a steamer mop..woo hoo (are you listening santa??)
Dishes....poached some eggs? burned some kraft dinner to the pot???(you were on the computer weren't you???) Instead of yelling SOS, grab the tag of your bread/milk bag and take the crud away. True story...I have always saved them in the fridge shelves. It would drive Dennis crazy with all the little tags in them, and I would tell him, one day I will find a use for them wait and see! The day came at my mothers cleaning the breakfast dishes. She pulled out her newest handy dandy tool from pampered chef (ithink$8.) and cleaned the poached egg pot in seconds. I looked at the new tool, grabbed a bag of bread and compared...yureka I have now found a use for the tabs..pot scrubbers won't scratch
Burnt Coffee in the coffee pot...I worked in the food&bev industry for many years...quickest easiest clean....cup of ice cubes and a bunch of salt...shake it like you mean it and watch the mess disappear
Snow! I swear by the power of fresh air and the sun to "cleanse things" but a trick I learned in one of my many natural stuff books....when I am cleaning out the car, a rug etc. Flip it dirt down on some fresh snow and start stomping. You may look silly doing the snow dance but the snow is abrasive and will actually pull alot of dirt from your rug.
Well there are a few things, good for our earth and good for your home and family 100%natural and it work's too!!!...look at that a new label for my blog!!!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I have to say that vinegar is the perfect fabric softener - and refresher-er... =) Gazooks so may people do not realise that fabric sheets/softener is a petrol based product. OY.
Also baking soda in a pot/skillet add a bit of water - bring to a boil then scrape gently off any stuck stuff. =o) WORKS!
Great tips you have...
there you go again--teaching me something new! thanks,annette!
liz
Post a Comment