Well after four daze of sleeping on the couch with my sick little babes, I finally got to sleep in my own bed last night, only to wake up feeling like crap, coughing like a maniac and looking like something the cat dragged in! The kiddies R back in action, building a new cardboard hotel for their dolls, and I will be spending the day sipping on ginger tea soothing my throat, and planning our week of school.
I am not a happy Mama when my kiddies R sick...what Mama would be really. But in general it is maybe twice a year that we hit that sick~zone, institute a quarantine around the Acres. Poor little Jane was so tired from being sick, and sick of being tired, she laid on the couch yesterday with tears streaming begging to go outside and ride her bike 'but it has been three daze Mama...I haven't even rode my bike, just one time around the yard and I will come back inside" I just couldn't deny that little face her wish, praying on the inside it was a sign the crud was finally leaving. Along the sickness journey though we came across a couple of helpful tricks. First a trip to the pharmacy as I have no idea where our thermometer is. I found the basic model, along with something new. A fever strip! $3.50 a reusable strip you just hold on one's forehead with a color tab lighting up the temps. less than a minute, no worrying about the stick being in the right place, under the tongue, and not being chewed on. As far as accuracy goes, I wouldn't say it is perfect, but damn close enough to let you know its time for more drugs. It comes in a handy dandy little case, small enough for a wallet... a keeper. And a comfort zone for the little ones, a spin on Gramma's cold cloth remedy. Take a few pieces of papertowel (which oddly I had in the house?!) fold in half and soak in water, place in a ziplock bag flat and freeze (less than five minutes!) remove, wrap in a bandana and voila...relief for tired little heads. Ryki tied his right to his Little head like rambo falling asleep to Saturday morning cartoons. reusable, and cheap with no wet mess dripping down your face.
This week a couple of countdowns begin. The first counting down the days till my brand new NIECE to arrive. October 7th our family will be blessed again with a little bundle of joy. My sister anxious for the bundle to arrive and leave her body, and my nieces excited about meeting their new little sister. The news of "its a girl" came last week after a visit to the BEST OBGYN doctor EVER! While the hospital holds a strict policy on not disclosing the sex of the baby, our doctor has no problem sharing the information with expecting M0m's, and now is equipped with the ultra sound machine right in her office. She even lets my four year old niece do the ultra sound on Mama! how cool is that?! I knew from the start she was the best Doctor ever when she let me finish the delivery of Aspen by pulling her out myself on the final push, but it seems she gets better and better with every new arrival. And always jokes with my sister that since meeting me, our family has given her some great business over the years...our family baby count to date...six!
So onto the planning of our week. Workng in some time for some photography cause the leaves R changing and the colors this year R so bright...just beautiful. Also time to clean the disater zone called the kids room again, as we prepare...twelve more daze till my beach boy returns for a nine day visit home to the Shoeless Acres...I can't wait!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment