well its yet another day around here where you wake up nose cold, boots on as you drag your ass outta bed and look outside to see the temps...minus FORTY! HOLY CRAP when will it end?????? They say now it will all be over tomorrow, the temps rising to a balmy minus twelve. All I can say is its about flip'n time! I can't handle looking outside to see the clear blue skies, the sun shining brightly, only to notice every window in the house has about two solid inches of ice on the bottom INSIDE~!
We broke our cheapskate ways this morning turning on the baseboard heater in the living to break the chill....followed by fifteen minutes of solid sneezing as the dust burned off. Nothing better than snotting all over yourself and your morning chai.
Its been a busy week around the Acres though, with the below normal temps and my window diva unable to work we continue our attempt to leave the nicotine behind. Keeping busy with a few cans of paint, rearranging my once twelve cupboards into four, and bust'n apart the kitchen as we knew it. The end result is pretty fab I must say. With credits going to my love for choosing another great color once again. It comes in handy I think he spends his days in other peoples homes, seeing the latest styles, cause honestly I would not have a clue where to start...besides the yellow in the computer room. I couldn't tell you the colors this season any more than I could tell you the name in my last blog of that broad on the view. I know her name now, and I know she seems to fit in the twat category..but will not correct myself..as I donot see the need to give her any more credit, or acknowledgement. But a few daze later, I will say we are a pretty good team, with little dispute getting the job done. I only had to ask My Love once if his bum was hurting...that was right after he asked why I always stir the paint with the stick upside down?? It a wooden stick does it REALLY MATTER?
Yesterday while sitting at our newly located extended kitchen table, the brats and I were ready for another exciting round of Rummy-O and our morning cup of chocolate chai. Confession time...we were given this game two xmas' ago....we have only recently started playing...I posted a pic on my flickr page and was surprised at the number of responses. While we were regular players of Rummy when I was a child..I have not previously heard of the game Rummy-O before. Our first time playing was during a holiday visit with the beach boy home and my mom. I did not actually play just helped the little ones, following my mom's directions, baffled by how the hell you were to play or start the game. As a result...and after reading the instructions yesterday for the 100th time I have come to the conclusion...we do not know how to play Rummy-o. In fact I think the version we play could safely be called...Shoeless-O-Rummy. I think we have the basics, laying the 'melds' down, the winner disposing of all their tiles first, but basically we have our own version..ie/ we can swap our 'melds' around to make new ones ...rules stating otherwise. Maybe one day I will chat with one of the experts..get the run down on how to actually play the game, for now the shoeless style seems to be working...I am winning anyways!
During the game I happened upon a funny giggle. When Aspen asked me why I had not yet played my tiles. I responded that I was trying something new..."playing strategically" then I asked them both "do you know what 'strategic' means?" The giggle happened over the next several minutes as the kids attempted to SAY the word STRATEGIC. It involved writing it down, both correctly and phonically. Taking turns breaking the word apart...various combos being shot out of their little mouths...STRAW-cheese it... Chageezedick...Straaazickamic....Cha-SQUEAKY CHEESE- it By the time Aspen finally figured it out....I couldn't say Strategic anymore!!!
So our word and giggle of the day...was strategic! try handing that one to a little person you know and see what comes out!
So another weekend ahead..hopefully one with some tolerable temps, and some fun in the sun!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
LOL...I can't say it!!!!!
Never heard of that game either...but now we are playing skip bo and uno at the shelter
xoxoxoo
Denise
I can't say I know what rummy or rummyo is.... but sounds interesting.
It funny the things that come out of kids mouths!!! they are the reason for it all!!!
Post a Comment