why is it when you have the chance to stay in bed on a Saturday morning, tucked under the covers for a lie in....you can't sleep? and worse..you get out of bed thinking..damn I could use a nap! I laid in bed this morning...listening and then yelling..let in the dog..Nishka is scratching and wants in....then listening as the tub was running and yelling ...who is in the bathroom? the water pump in the house is old and loud and next to my bedroom..."Just me Mom..I am giving Sam a bath" says Jane, who has been spending the past 24hrs creating new clothes for SAM out of the rag bag, sewing together new fashions for a doll that was once mine...given to me nearly 35years ago. To most a creepy looking thing, with stains of blue or green on her head, and eyes that just do not say "play with me" more like "I am going to git'cha" But despite it all, and the fact she has pretty little pink dolls, SAM is the one she wants, her buddy in the land of imagine.
Today a busy day for us as My Love arrived home from work yesterday complete with three new windows in the truck, soon to be ...a bay window for the kitchen...rather large I would say..but HE is the expert right? Its a chilly day and having my wall cut out is not what I would plan, but I suppose that is what layers are for right? and when its done???? The view will be fantastic!
so things I hear on the news that make me laugh or drive me batty....
Last night on Marketplace (cbc) they had a story about those new healthy products in the market for kids, I am sure I have spoke of them before..ya know ...those little yogurt drinks they jack up with fish oil to make your kiddies smarter??? well go figure when they ran the tests...can you guess how many of those little things your child would have to eat/drink/ or swallow to get the same amount of DHA as a piece of fish (ie/ tuna sandwich) ....and the number is...FORTY!!! now I laugh when I see them in the store because my kids eat fish...but how much would it add to your weekly budget to feed your child FORTY little drinks...feed your kids fish folks....its good for them! (oh and the slice bread with added goodness??? 219slices to get what you need from the bread)
on a note for CBC Canada's station, my favorite from all the rest...drives me batty they are forced to lay off staff...due to the recession? I would say due to the governments lack of funding...lack of reasoning to see...CBC is Canada...a good thing for the people...I am not looking forward to finding out what has been cut! radio or tv it is the best!
I am going on a new mission as I discover the joys of this new laptop...I can watch video's now ! I can make video's now..are they called videos when they are off the webcam?(correction...cybercam) but I still have to figure out...how do you get them to here???? how do I do that cool thing that links 'a word' on my blog to another site or blog? how do I learn all these things with my tech-challenged ways??? I could ask right??? I could say...hey you reading this right now?? Loony needs some hints!
but for now...today ...i must get my layers on, fill my fridge full of food because its looking seriously empty in there, and wait for the hole...in the wall...to be filled with a bay. A window for my plants this time...not the damn dog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment