its fun..just cause..ITS FRIDAY!!!
and while normally my first thing to do would be to check on Jane Devin's Blog for a WTF Friday post...this Friday I know ...sadly there will be no more. A friend on the net, someone I have been lucky to connect with has brought her blog to an end. A powerful, inspiring writer.....who in the short time I have read her stuff has made me think...I love it when I come across someone new...that makes me think! Something I will sorely miss I am sure, but also something I can understand...but still....WTF?! Good Luck my friend~! May your future plans be exciting and bright!!! (and somewhere involve a detour to my Acres!)
edit note...cause I think I figured out how to link! if I did..duh! that wasn`t rocket science was itÉ if it didn`t I will find out when I post I guessÉÉÉÉ damn keyboard)
Yesterday was a bright and sunny day around here, leaving for a good day to skip the books and enjoy the sunshine. The brats of course awake and out the door before nine, Aspen's daily ritual of cleaning her kitchen, Ryki racing around on his bike...then racing inside for SHORTS?! cause it was really warm out...it wasn't that warm! and oddly enough one minute he was wearing shorts outside, a couple hours later back to pants and sporting his bella clava?? I began my outside chores...the manual labor I really detest..the raking the digging the sorting. I started with taking out a snowbank to increase the melt factor, moved on to the garden boxes, raking up another garden and then the tree....the zone ... it was time for the to-ewww list...raking up the mounds, piles, the never ending border of CRAP! The Acres official plan has been drawn up, I completed section 7 yesterday, with only six more to go!
We have moved into summer dining hours now as well, dinner is served around 7pm here now...so if your hungry...that's a good time to show up! Last night we were spoiled with a pot of homemade pork and beans...soo good, maybe even the best I have ever tasted...thanks to a certain backhoe hero in our lives..now the Beanmaster too! After dinner while relaxing Ryki came thru the door, with tears in his eyes...shaking his 'its just not fair' hair back and forth, tripping over his bottom lip. "MOM...Aspen gets to go around and around and I get like 2 seconds"
The BAJA was brought out of the shop last night, equipped with its new plywood seat to accommodate the short people in the family, as the original seat was four inches thick...and Ryki was a little peeved that he only got to go back and forth three times...and Aspen went around three times...AND THAT'S MORE THAN ME!!! I was then peeved because no one called me outside to watch the fun. So because he is Mama's boy, I yelled out the window giving the head's up it was Ryki's turn, thru on a coat and out I went. Now Ryki, being perhaps a little height challenged, still requires assistance, with Dad standing on one side and the neighbour on the other sending him back and forth as he masters the gas...and brakes..not at once!! hand off the gas!!!! VROOOM! I am pretty sure he will have it mastered in another few tries...then I am pretty sure it would be worthwhile to get our hands on another BAJA cause once Jane jumps on....away she goes! What was supposed to be 'just around the garden' was really around the yard...in between the new truck and car with Daddy shaking his finger "don't hit my truck!!` there is a reason we have called her Kamakazee Jane since birth. She was smiling, squealing, WAVING with one hand!!! (also against the official safety first rules) Something tells me we are in for some fun this summer with the shiny red Baja! I managed to grab a shot of Ryki, but missed Jane...damn batteries!!

(WHY does it go to the top..what if I want the pic in the middle wtfÉÉÉ and now my keyboard too...anyone know what the hell I am hitting to make my question marks ÉÉÉÉ argh! edit note again...i figured out how to MOVE the pic...but think I warped it along the way...ÉÉÉ still thought...the keysÉ WTF!)
Another new activity was discovered this week...something to amuse occupy and procrastinate my (our) time....new things to do with the feet! and since I have so many (hmm...at least a couple hundred) a good way to dwindle the pile. So while Aspen has always enjoyed painting the feet...now we can carve them too!! using simple tools, like the pen that's outta ink, the various sets of random keys we have around, even for the best detail..my good tweezers! its been great fun...taken outdoors of course, and now...the latest rule of thumb when creating feet art...STOP using Dad`s pummis(sp...you know the foot thingy) stone..his face looks all scrunched up and red when he finds out. We know from experience that the water color does not last forever on the feet when placed outside in a garden, but it can be fun to watch the colors change and fade away...and then..you get to paint them again! A nice relaxing activity on the sidewalk in the sun!
Today is a rainy day...grey and cloudy and hopefully melting the snow as it falls..its almost gone! a good sign, time to get dirty in the garden again! A good day to procrastinate the cleaning, and find the batteries for the charger cause the cam batteries R dead...and I can`t take pics that way can I...ÉÉÉ
and I am off....finished my morning chai, (just tea with some cardomon, and cloves..not REAL chai) and ready to start my day!
hope its a fantastic weekend peeps!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment