Saturday, April 24, 2010

CHEF OF THE DAY...my little STAR!

Sometimes in life things happens that make you think... hmmm? that's ass backwards... life is gonna get interesting. Around here you never know when that might happen... but some how it always does. There are the normal hmmmm? Like when its still April and the kids are in the creek hunting crawdads, minnows and frogs, strange and early this year considering we were JUST on the frozen lake! There are the things you expect... like the saucy looks, the attitude, and the bold in your face Kamakazee Jane... and Mama's sweet kid ... the Fishslayer Aryk ... who for the most part has had no problem letting his sister take the stage, stepping back while she took charge, using his long locks for his hidden power, his Mama for his safety net (yes...I am a terrible Mom that has babied her baby!) and his kiss ass cute maneuvers to charm those around him.

Both little spitfires once they are in their zone...the comfort spot...the places that make them feel cool.












Last week the kids came a running.... shouts and smiles declaring a show at the mall the place to be. For Fric and Frac around here the TV gets but a few channels, only realizing at 2/3years old ... the cartoons actually came in color...cause Mom being the Loon that she is... really has no problem watching black and white of it means good reception. By choice we are anti~cable/satellite/million channel surfers.... mostly cause I am so cheap, and have trained My Love well... but also cause I think its crap... for the most part... advertising for little brains to train them how to dress... look... and what to buy to be cool.

Cartoons, nature shows, "educational stuff"..and mainly no commercials were always accessible on TVO or CBC, the kids always knowing when to switch the channel, dancing, learning and playing.

Saturday the TVOkids presented a show at the local mall, promoting healthy eating and their themed name... DSS... DON't SiT StILL!!! I googled it to check the schedules, agreeing that yes we could make that date. We also clicked on the contest icon and entered our FRESH SCRAMBLED EGGS as our healthy meal of the day option. Go figure... Ryki won!

The 48 hrs between the win and the show have been funny to say the least, as I watched my wee shy guy tremble, be proud, excited and in total despair.

"Mama....what if its on TV? and what if I SCREW UP AND ITS ON TV"

"Mama... whats this?" asked Ryki

"well honey its just a spot ...from the pineapple we ate this week! nothing to worry about...I can't even notice it.... !"
(hmm... pretty sure when the stress came out...so did the cold sore!)

"Mama... I know its great that Ryki won... but I am jealous... soooo jealous"

It was wonderful to find out that the show was in fact just a stage show... no TV camera's recording... a couple digital pics at most... on stage and off in no time. There was a sigh of relief come over Ryki's face... and a sigh of relief breath thru Mama's heart.

The reminders, the cheers, the fact that Dad was gonna be there! The nervous moments heading back stage to meet THE DSS Crew FROM TVO!?

The shy little voice that squeaked out "hello my name is Aryk" and the final reminder from his sister... "I would ..NOT BE SHY"

The introduction, the drum roll, the music from the speakers?! .....












hmmm? ya know what was ass backwards? my worry, was my fear, my thoughts of "he CAN do it right?????'






Ryki Racine... Chef of the Day and Guest of TVOkids DSS Crew

on stage live at the Northgate Mall
Proudly standing using his big guy voice... smiling for the crowds and handling the show like the wee man that he is...

My BIG STAR!

Besides my giddy emotions, and my proud babbles... it was a fun ... exciting and a COOL TIME at the show. So much fun to watch all the kiddies jumping, dancing and singing to the beat. I am an avid fan of all the TVO programming here ... TVOntario, its great to see the energy and enthusiasm behind the DSScrew there to help the kids... learn to grow... happy healthy and NOT SITTING STILL!




































2 comments:

G said...

Loved the post!!! and glad a good time was had by all!!! wish i could've been there to see it!!!!

cannylass, aka Andrea_44 said...

I'm just getting round to reading about the big day.....but I'm so glad I did! :) Good for Ryki! I'm not sure my nephew (same age as Ryki) would be able to do as well...sadly I don't think he'll even know about this show because he is a child of the multi channel universe! I love TVO too, and any other channel that has no or few commercials and promotes GOOD children's programing (as well as good British dramas, comedies and documentaries of course..lol) along with PBS, they're the two channels I check out first (after Corrie on CBC of course)!!!
I know Ryki was happy that this wasn't shown on TV, but I wish it had been! I would have watched and cheered him on!

Andrea