
Well only a couple shopping days left and yes...I still have to go do more! With the kiddies home I don't like shopping with them because the stores are so packed and...i am a bit of a germ0phobe. i make them wear mini mits into the stores at all times this time of year for fear of what they might touch, if i had a vehicle big enough i would probably invest in a portable toilet! LOL Even Alex has been on trips with his mom where he needed a bathroom and he has commented after a long detour to find one that if he was with me I would just find a good tree!
The weather is looking fantastic today which is good for me because it is the last sleep for the turkeys and I have a trail to cut in the snow! I am not supposed to feed them today....but I am guessing the guilt will set in and i might sneek them their last meal. It is going to be interesting tomorrow when I try to transport these birds..hopefully Aspen can capture the moment with the digial when I end up chasing turkeys across the snofilled yard!!!! I am also thinking that I know how to actually start the sled now...and that may be easier than shovelling to make the trail. Dennis was "grooming" the trails last night...aka playing around for 45mins. Such a boy with a toy, but it usually involves the boy coming to the window with a frown(scowl) waving for my assistance because...he got the sled stuck (again) "just trying to make a new trail for the kids"
We also have to finish up our schoolwork because here at the shoeless acres academy we go with the public school holidays and now snow days too!!LOL The end of the month where I round up their worksheets and artwork and file it away in the box. They are loving cooking day on Wednesdays. Yesterday it was simple instant pudding and a pie shell i had my mom make and freeze during her last visit . But they are learning about measurements and fractions all at the same time as licking the spatula. Great fun really. Ryki loves anything math, while aspen is really starting to pick up on the phonics of reading. But they have both regained interest in the "schooltype" programs on the computer again lately and most times work together at it. Not to mention Aspen's sudden jump ahead in her art...she is creating some fantastic characters, baffling those watching til suddenly the swirls and lumps transform into a xmas elf!!! Yes we are enjoying the homeschool experience right now to the fullest. I call our academy unschooled just cause we don't follow a set curriculum, time schedule or plans. The kids choose what they want to learn about with my instructions of...this month we are learning about different species. We do make plans ie/ Aspen has decided we should start Yoga in January...which may be interesting, I like yoga, I understand and appreciate it but in truth I have no patience for it...LOL They follow their chore charts, and past the academic, they have their gardening in the summer, they learned this summer about raising the farminals, including Aspen setting up a separate pen for the injured birds she nursed back to health. But really they are just five and six right now, and there is so much time for set schedules, we are all just enjoying being free right now.
ahhh...the tea is finished the sun is up and bright and I must get a move on it....aughhhh the wildlife around here...I just kicked the damn cat out, thinking he was being a jerk to his bro and now aspen yells MOUSE!!!!!! guess i will let the tiger back in now cause in reality his bro is looking a little stunned and lazy right now...and i want the mouse bastards gone!!!!
The weather is looking fantastic today which is good for me because it is the last sleep for the turkeys and I have a trail to cut in the snow! I am not supposed to feed them today....but I am guessing the guilt will set in and i might sneek them their last meal. It is going to be interesting tomorrow when I try to transport these birds..hopefully Aspen can capture the moment with the digial when I end up chasing turkeys across the snofilled yard!!!! I am also thinking that I know how to actually start the sled now...and that may be easier than shovelling to make the trail. Dennis was "grooming" the trails last night...aka playing around for 45mins. Such a boy with a toy, but it usually involves the boy coming to the window with a frown(scowl) waving for my assistance because...he got the sled stuck (again) "just trying to make a new trail for the kids"
We also have to finish up our schoolwork because here at the shoeless acres academy we go with the public school holidays and now snow days too!!LOL The end of the month where I round up their worksheets and artwork and file it away in the box. They are loving cooking day on Wednesdays. Yesterday it was simple instant pudding and a pie shell i had my mom make and freeze during her last visit . But they are learning about measurements and fractions all at the same time as licking the spatula. Great fun really. Ryki loves anything math, while aspen is really starting to pick up on the phonics of reading. But they have both regained interest in the "schooltype" programs on the computer again lately and most times work together at it. Not to mention Aspen's sudden jump ahead in her art...she is creating some fantastic characters, baffling those watching til suddenly the swirls and lumps transform into a xmas elf!!! Yes we are enjoying the homeschool experience right now to the fullest. I call our academy unschooled just cause we don't follow a set curriculum, time schedule or plans. The kids choose what they want to learn about with my instructions of...this month we are learning about different species. We do make plans ie/ Aspen has decided we should start Yoga in January...which may be interesting, I like yoga, I understand and appreciate it but in truth I have no patience for it...LOL They follow their chore charts, and past the academic, they have their gardening in the summer, they learned this summer about raising the farminals, including Aspen setting up a separate pen for the injured birds she nursed back to health. But really they are just five and six right now, and there is so much time for set schedules, we are all just enjoying being free right now.
ahhh...the tea is finished the sun is up and bright and I must get a move on it....aughhhh the wildlife around here...I just kicked the damn cat out, thinking he was being a jerk to his bro and now aspen yells MOUSE!!!!!! guess i will let the tiger back in now cause in reality his bro is looking a little stunned and lazy right now...and i want the mouse bastards gone!!!!


2 comments:
i'm a germophobe toooooo! like bad.... i carry those wipes around w/ me everywhere- the girls will ask, 'mommy, what did i touch?'! what did you touch? how about a million trillion germs! everytime we go somewhere, i'll say 'DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!' i still wipe down every cart we use before they get in it. i don't care--we are usually very healthy except for right now! can't get rid of these coughs!!!
i find your homeschooling interesting--mostly bc i know i could never do it! is it bad that i'm looking forward to them being in school everyday?!?!?! i think it is great how much you love being w/ your kids!
good luck w/ the turkeys!!! and the little mouse bastards!
i tried to sign in so i could leave the comment but it keeps saying i have the wrong password which i know it is right...anyway... this is liz!
ok...what is that a picture of???
liz
Post a Comment