Well after four sleeps we are home on the Shoeless Acres once again, following a weekend trip back home to Grey County. I refer to it as Grey County because the whole county is really home, not just the small town of Dundalk I grew up in.
Me, the kids, and Daisy left Thursday at lunchtime luckily having clear roads and sunshine the whole four hour drive. Overall a fantastic weekend, with the usually bumps along the way of course, but sooo many things to "chat/babble" about in my loony way....get ready it should be a busy week on my blogLOL.
So lets start with....the breaking news! We arrived home to find the local paper in the mailbox and my little Ryki made the front page with his new pole and trophy from the fishing derby!!! Talk about putting a smile on his face!!! You would think he hit it rich!!! that is until he realized that page ten also had a group photo including him, along with a photo of the prize winning pike....including Aspen gasping at its size!!! They both made the same paper!!!! As well....we heard news from the neighbour about a new addition to the street...MOFO has a new 6wk alaskan malmute husky to call a roommate!!!
Onto the disappointments of our trip..get them overwith! Sadly there were no ski passes available to us (YET!!) and hubby ended up working all weekend, including Saturday during the snow storm.
Also one of the biggest...I never made it over to hang with my new friend Bev on her farm!!! I don't know what it is about going home and not making it to do the things I want to do????!!! Wait yes I do...I am MOM and I get suckered every trip into doing what the kids want first (ie/ visiting all the cousins and staying for more than the planned hour!!) So first on my list for the next trip (ie/ when I make the guy give up some passes in the next couple of weeks) will be a trip to Bev's. We were going to try to go for coffee on our way out of town (hubby is anxious to see Bev's glass shop!) but seeing as there were me, hubby, three kids and a dog packed into the Hyundai like sardines...I was afraid to open the doors once we got in!!!
And why were we packed in like sardines? and not have the convenience of a second vehicle??? Because twenty minutes into hubby's journey Thursday night (with Nishka) his truck broke down on the highway! Luckily a friend driving by stopped and picked my dog and hubby up, and our neighbour agreed to drive them down south (also working for the weekend for us) but to add to the maddness, when "k" had to leave Sunday at lunchtime, they took Nishka to work with them as I had no room and he was taking her home......"k"'s truck broke down on the way home leaving him and Nishka waiting in a Cdn. Tire waiting room for two hours for the truck to be fixed!!! LOL On the good news both trucks are now repaired and it didn't break our banks!
So onto some fun stuff! My nieces!!! Illonna and Adannia!!! I had the pleasure of visiting them Thursday afternoon and Friday too!!! Too cute for words when you walk into my sisters salon and find Lonny playing in the back room in her cardboard box..."its a castle!!" and little Danny playing at the manecure table organizing the polish! They go to work with Mommy every day, and let me tell you how ticked her clients can be if they arrive to their appointments and find out the the girls are NOT there!! My sister had the pleasure of torturing me in the waxing chair with all the kids standing around laughing..."look she is gong to cry again!" while Adannia stood beside me holding my hand and stroking me face "you will be ok" she told me! I swearr for anyone feeling down, this little beauty at the age of almost two is constantly babbling and singing away! A hour recording of her could cheer up anyone! I almost peed my pants more than once just listening to her all day...she never shuts up!!!!!
My kids had the pleasure of sleeping over at my other sister's house, and now the temp. residence of my parents Thurs, and Fri. Lots of fun for Nadine as she doesn't see them often, and for my parents as well...a couple of daze with the grandkids. Ryki skunked gramma at the full size shuffleboard table Nadine has in her dining room...amazing all with his talent on the board LOL. But to be honest by Saturday I wanted my kids back..I am MOM and really I was bored, almost lost without them LOL I called every two hours to chat with them, and come Saturday when the snow storm hit....I called and requested my parents bring the kids to me!!! Being from the sunny north I am not used to the hazardous winter driving conditions down south anymore!!!LOL Not to mention after a full day of hanging with my mom....I didn't want to get stuck there!!! Love the woman...she is MOM, but damn we are different in a lot of ways, and one afternoon is about all I could take. Little things that get my goat!!! ie/ the word "please?!" why are people so anal about kids saying please all the time?? does it really make them better people? do they mean it when they are ordered to do it??? I consider my kids to be very polite, they almost always say please when asking for something, and respond with thankyou when given something.....so why is it necessary when gramma is doling out supper that they must say please for the 1. potatoes 2. broccoli 3. meat 4. pickles and 5 . gravy Its only ONE freak'n plate food do you have to say PLEASE five times for it?????????????????????? but i chewed on my tongue, said nothing and waiting for the time to leave LOL all the while thinking hmmm?????? oh well the joys of family, the bonus of living here in the north, visits back home are few and far between so exposure is minimal LOL
ok, so there is a start of our trip home...still waiting on this slow ass damn computer to load pics...good grief it takes forever, and so far i have only loaded to flickr!!!! still to come....Daisy's reunion with her gramma and mom....along with some wildlife story of my girls on the farm.....the farm!!! I love the farm/hunt camp and I have missed my Uncle Fred. The freak'n snow!!!! They have much more than us!!! some local ramblings of Grey County and other little tidbits of our visit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sounds like an "eventful" trip to moms for everyone! Can't wait to see and read more! PLEASE!! LOL
I was sorry that you couldn't come visit too!!
NEXT TIME for SURE!!
Post a Comment