Monday, March 31, 2008

Rainy Day Monday

Well thought I would blog this morning as it is raining and the day I have decided to tackle the taxes again..yuck!! I have issues with getting motivated to sift through receipts, and filling in the books. But I am also heading in the "tax Go(R)d's" direction next Saturday so it is probably better to give them the books early this year instead of late....motivating motivating grrr!!!!

It was a good and lazy weekend this weekend. Lots of just doing nothing for a change. tooo cold outside really, and tooo much ice!! I want the kids to play outside, but don't want the bruise and wines that come with it when they forget they are running by three inches of slick shiny ice!!! Aspen ended up with a black eye after illegal use of the hammock........Mama had to run thru the rules again if they want to play!!!!

Earth Hour Saturday night ended up being...slept thru by me! LOL I was up at 8pm when the kidlets ran around trying to find lights to shut off..there was only two on and the TV. i remember them harping on Daddy to shut down his computer, and Daddy saying NO! I remember them saying they were going to play checkers...but thats it zzzzzzzzzzzz.........I was out like the lights!!!! When I did wake up, the kidlets were asleep, it was midnight and all you could hear was "ding" the now familiar poker bell of the computer. When I asked my love if he shut down for the kids....he said "no??!!! it takes a half an hour for the damn computer to turn back on, WE conserve every day not just one hour, AND I figure since we lived for four and a half months without any hydro at all....I can skip this dumb ass commercial hour the yuppy's are celebrating" hmmm....I am guessing he didn't get the "message" But really I have to wonder if many people do? I heard of many poeple that shut things down for the night, right after dinner, which is great I think. but is it going to make a difference today or tomorrow?
i would like to think that it will, that people took the hour to think about how much energy they use, the coveniences they run in their households daily that have become necessities in life. We conserve cause we are cheapskates, and do not want to give any more money to the power company, but mainly because we want to teach our kids....happiness doesn't always come plugged in!

2 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

That's a great lesson to be taught and learned by ALL!

DBsmom said...

Gosh Loony, I love the way you write!! This is an interesting time for all of us these days. My kids are all about being thoughtful of our planet...but too many of the grownups (me included sometimes) don't always set the best example. Thanks for this thoughtful post.