Thursday, April 3, 2008

sun...still snow, and lotza melting

Well the sun is shining brightly today...actually the sun is shining brightly most daze here, which is one of the reasons I love living here soooo much! But the melt is amazing! The creek is now a river widening and flowing like crazy, and slowing there is more grass popping up every day. I can just now see the shape of my flower garden...or one of them anyways.

I can't wait for the snow to be gone now, and begin our outside season again. The kids are excited too, knowing it is going to be time for new chickens and gardens and outside play time ...ALL day long. Our skewlwork will continue of course, but once the warmth hits we R learning outside most daze. And the great debate is on now, as Ryki has decided only laying hens will do...because they get to live and not go to the butcher! I hate to disappoint my little man but we will be getting both, cause I for one enjoyed our weekly chickens this winter out of the freezer...minus the big price tags that comes with one from the store.

but two more sleeps and we R off to the bday party for my niece on Saturday. A long drive for an afternoon play, but worth it I suppose to see the little ones playing together and all the smiles that come with it. I still have to get a present...nothing large my sister says, their house is only soo big, and they have sooo much. Something crafty she can do, but not beads yet as her little sister tends to chew them...LOL. I have enlisted the help of Gramma though, when I found out she was having issues decided on a gift. My choice as the best gift, sadly not in my price range this weekend when you throw in the gas bill for the 8hours of driving we will be in for.........The Aquadoodle Mat. We were lucky enough to be given this toy years ago when the kidlets Aunt was given one following a job interview. Amazing things these mats. They come with the mat, and a couple of "markers" that you fill with water and start your art!!! When you are done playing...hang the mat to dry and begin again!!!!!!!!! No paper used, no markers to dry out, no paint to clean up!!! One of my all time favorite toys. And since we have had our mat for a few years, and the markers are no where to be found....grab a paintbrush, qtip etc...and ya still got unlimited colouring time to go on and on. (I think they even sell kits with extra markers, stamps and trinkets...but I am of course the cheapskate and use alternative things LOL)

so this morning I found the following link through an unschooling site I lurk, makes sense to me, and I thought kinda fits with the ending of my last post.....
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=19212514