Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Post??? Important for all the Mama's!!!

OK...so confession time again...I am a sunscreen freak when it comes to my kidlets. Any given day in the summer time there R multiple tubes or bottles floating around the acres, vehicles, beach bags etc. I am considered the family "lotion expert" because I have been known to apply it to twenty children in less than twenty minutes at the family picnic every summer. So no matter not ...my kid or someone else's when Loony shouts "lotion time" everyone better get in line...including the Mama's to learn the best techniques cause it doesn't need to be a long ordeal!!!

I AM MAMA AND A LOTION PRO

So now that its early spring, this pro was already prepared with my "winter tube" cause those cheeks need protected on the hill. What I was prepared for was

1. that damn dog named Daisy to decide to chew(EXPLODE) my tube on the kitchen floor
and
2. that there would not be one freak'n store outta the five I went to over the course of two days...Friday and Saturday to purchase new lotion.

I dont know who the hell is watching the calendar at the multiple grocery, drug and big box store...but there was very few tubes or bottles on the shelf this weekend. and what was there??? Great for the blonde bimbos looking for the perfect bronzing oil???!!!(no offense bimbos!)
Should they not be prepared for this season??

I realize I am picky...I still use the baby faces 50 protection on my kids....I trust more in the zinc ingred. factor in that lotion...and will admit I will not buy 'no name generic"(cheapskate me) brands for this product!!!

but the only option above bronze tanning and level 15 this weekend was the NEWEST thing on the market...the 'spray on lotion' level 30!!!

HERE IS THE WARNING MAMA"S

if you have children that play and say get scraped on the sidewalk, a tree, ya know normal kids stuff.......application of this new spray on technology includes alcohol to activate fast drying...AKA...torture for the kidlets for approx. 5-7minutes while the sting goes away.

I can say that the kidlets did not get sun burns following my application like clock work every four hours...but! (zinc/babyfaces lotion is good for six..minus extreme swimming) ) The bottle that cost the same as everything else...Loony estimate $10.00 incl. taxes!!!! is basically EMPTY following this mornings first application???!!!
And Aspen who has (knock on wood) never had any form of skin reactions.....has a rash on her inner leg that was not there yesterday before the lotion???!!!

Needless to say, Loony has been given some decent lotion by our friend "g" as I wait for the store shelves to be replenished.................and I will be spending part of my Monday Morning using my strategic phone bitching skills to complain to 1800-NEW LOTION SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If all goes well....they will be replacing the TEN BUCKs WORTH OF CRAP I purchased yesterday!!!!!!

2 comments:

DBsmom said...

GOOOOOOOOOO MAMA!!!

I still use baby faces 50 for my kiddos, too!

Kim aka Mommy said...

You and M's sister deserve the "lotion up" award. She ALWAYS has lotion and her 3 kidlets know the routine too. I guess a bout of skin cancer would do that to a person.