Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Chaos in Paradise

well the flowers R blooming, the sun is shining, its time to hit the beach again and life is pretty good. I have noticed lately many wonderful comments on my photos on flickr...you live in paradise, can I come for holidays, how lucky I must be. I am lucky...first off that so many people enjoy my pics...I feel blessed and smile when I get to read new comments. I am lucky I have my love, my children, my home...I am a lucky girl. It really is like living in paradise, the lake is down the road, I have room here for all the animals, the kidlets, the flowers, the veggies...lots of green space to enjoy.
But with that paradise, there is of course the chaos. The always underlying fact that we R not rich folks. Never a real concern for me, I have never believed money and status can make you any happier, but still there is those daze when you realize geeze...we could be in trouble if something happened. (ie/ the dreaded issue of the family blender and the fact at any given time there R two women out there who R waiting to pounce should you happen to make a few dollars more one year, which somehow entitles them to more as well) money comes money goes...we will survive.
Then there is the chaos of the brats...the fact that at any given time it takes them seconds flat to make a disaster zone of the house, to turn up covered from head to toe in mud, or just being in general pain in the asses
The chaos of the animals...cats missing, dogs barking, waiting for the damn dog to get hit by one of the cars she chases....watching puppies, feeding chickens...while watching the damn dogs so they don't break in and eat my chickens first
The chaos of never really having enough time in the day for the mountain of laundry that is never ending...ok i admit i avoid it much too often
The chaos of life I suppose.....I LOVE IT. I love the fact that we really do 'wing it' thru most of our daze. We do not set many plans, cause in the chaos of our lives...it is more disappointing when they do not turn out and much happier when a spontaneous one develops. I love the chaos of never really knowing what will happen next, who will show up for a visit, and which shoe will drop next. We have chosen to live the life of chaos and not of 'more money...more status...more happy' and I am truly happy with that.
So what the hell am I babbling about now? for my friends, for my fellow flickr junkies and all the wonderful comments you leave....yes I live in paradise, yes it really is as beautiful as it looks...full of life and happy smiles ....... and to you all you are always welcome to knock on my door....but please know before you arrive with this paradise comes chaos...the chaos of the doorway packed with blankets, clips, boots shoes, creek filled clothes, the chaos of the pink bathroom which I can almost guarantee you will find the tub with creek mud in the bottom (maybe a leech?!) the chaos of tumbleweeds of fur that seem to float thru the house daily, and of course LOUD children, (I know they look so innocent...that melts when you here Ryki ask "what the hell Jane...give that back")

Chaos...ya gotta love it!

2 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

That's my kinda chaos!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good, full, and rich life to me! :)