and while I should be cleaning up my house for company arriving this afternoon...I am here instead for a catch-up blog..........so lets see whats been happening on the Shoeless Acres....
hmmm....
Company/Guests/visiting Family
nine daze of company we went thru last week...and all I can say is
1. Family that lives a few short doors down the street from eachother, and spends all their normal daze together? Should NEVER go on vacation together...EVER! Infact when it comes to my visiting city mice from the big smoke? I will be mailing out a calendar @ xmas this year for them to pass around and book their separate vacations next summer
2. It really is amazing how different parenting techniques can be...I am sticking with my I am Mama, but this Mama was ready to give another Mama a time out in the naughty spot this week
3. Over all...a fantastic time, I love my loud obnoxious scrapping family, and can't wait to see them all again...separately of course!
4. For those folk that call you up and request a stopover stay for a night enroute to somewhere else.....and then decide to just stay put on the Shoeless Acres for the long weekend instead.....again a lovely visit, but don't ask me why my house isn't soooo tidy when you know that I am coming off a week of guests, and steak dinner for 11adults......I will clean the damn house when everyone is finally gone......if you don't like...feel free to carry on down the road.
Wildlife on the Acres....
1. We R finding snakes on a regular (daily)basis now, and understand why there was a note on the front door when we originally looked at this place "please leave door closed, the snakes R coming in"
2. my farminals (chickens) R now categorized as wildlife. It would seem my new menu plan for my birds this year is a success. Much bigger than last year, but they R fiesty little cannibals in the morning when its time for breaky. It started with making sure I had pants and full shoes on, because they peck peck peck at me when I enter the coup. But after recieving almost blood drawing Pecks, and not like the bruised legs I now go inside with full armor... a shield to keep the beasts back while I fill their feeder. two more weeks to go...and they R outta here and into the freezer! with any luck I will be able to pick up half a dozen turkeys in a week or so and get them rock'n for xmas
The Garden....growing blooming and popping like crazy
veggies R looking great...but many weeds to deal with. We have croppped our first radishes already and they R tasty. I think I will be cro0pping some leaf lettuce soon, and still manage to find a few spears of asparagus each week...which are still as thick as my thumb...which means there are still more to come (woo hoo) I actually found a patch of blueberries yesterday too! didn't have much last year so very happy to find some this year. We will be heading out to Castle Rock soon to check the berries there! The biggest blueberries I have ever seen on a beautiful piece of property we called home for a while...can't wait!
Aggitation...today is the day I finally deal with an itch in my craw. a reminder why in the past I have always avoided association with the neighbours. For a couple months now, I have noticed a little bit of things being off when hanging with the neighbours. Couldn't understand why it seemed like the woman in the group were...being f'n rude to put it simply. I have come to discover that apparently that same person who has been dropping her dog off at my door step mon-fri 9-5 has also been suggesting some VERY unflattering things about me. Things that should not be said, that basically could affect my family, and suggestions of me being unfaithful to my hubby. So that is all gonna come to an end to day when she arrives to drop off her pissing in my house, teasing my dog, chewing kids toyz puppy. I will be "calmly" explaining since our views of respect for friends R so drastically different...maybe its better off if she stays on her own side of the road...and the fuck away from mine. I do not want to start anything....but I damn well better get a f'n apology from atleast three people before I become the friendly neighbour again~!
so...the sun is shining and I have cleaning to do~!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Loony, i totally understand about too much family at one time, sometimes down at the lake we have up to 15 people at one time!!
in a 2 bedroom cabin!! everyone starts getting on each others nerves, then you have the ones who take everything too seriously and feelings get hurt!! ugh!!
I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor, you've been nothing but nice to her and she starts rumors, isn't it always the way!!! nice guys always finish last, i wonder why that is!!! anyway you give that bitch hell, sweetie!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How un MR. Rogers-like!!
Anyone who has spent even a half-second getting to know you, would know that those "types of things" are completely impossible for Loony! Sorry you have to endure such nonsense!!
I agree with the above comments! These neighbours are not being very neighbourly...so I would tell them to piss off...very politely of course you don't want to come down to their level! lol They obviously haven't taken the time to really get to know you or they wouldn't be saying such things!
Now about these snakes....I might have to cancel any future plans to visit the shoeless acres after reading about them! OMG I would die! lol
Andrea
Loving you soooo much!!!
Sooooo....are you going to blog about the conversation??
Please be careful of the snakes...in all forms!!
wow....u r one busy mama! can't believe the neighbor...good luck with that!
Post a Comment