that saying just makes me giggle! One of the good old boy sayings you will hear from my Uncle Fred when he is about to explain something. I teased him last week when he said it, and even wrote it down in Aspen's school~onthe~road book so I wouldn't forget it...now I am thinking about saying it!
Busy day around here today, I now have a new fixed tire ...no more pumping air, but now have to book a service call. Lots of running thru town to...shopping laundry fit some school in somewhere...we actually made a schedule SORTA. A weekly chart of what to do each day...so we will see how that goes. Normally it is a busy place here at the crack of dawn. Today alone, the kids have fed the chickens, Aspen has created some art for her desk area, Ryki wrangled a giraffe and a crocodile in the jungle called the living room and I have finished my flickr'n fix for the morning. Now the two little ones are practicing their soccer outside in the morning sun...while the nanny barks at a passerby. I thought soccer was over for the year, but the soccer ball was found on Saturday during an intense hunt for crawdad! It was presumed popped by damn dog and lost to the sacrifice of the creek gods. Daisy has found her bright pink ski pole now though so I think the soccer ball is safe for now.
On a IN THE NEWS note I have to say I have done a lot of head shaking lately. Let's see...things that drive me batty!
In the recent wake of the baby formula scandal in China...a horrible event effecting the most innocent in our world, the local news presented a story about local establishments that post breastfeeding friendly stickers on their doors. They interviewed people on the street for their opinions. I wasn't surprised by the amount of woman that expressed their beliefs in the health benefits of breastfeeding, but what did surprise me was how many women finished their comments with "but it should be done very discreetly, always covered up, maybe even a separate room would be in order" One lady even went as far as saying she thought there should be bylaws of some sort that would prevent mothers from feeding in say...public parks because there are teenage boys around and "ya know shat they will be thinking about" Are people really that dumb they think a teenage is going to get off in the park watching a mom feed a baby? I am very FOR breastfeeding. In all my years I can count two woman (who were cousins?) who were actually the type of mom's to flip out their boob on the table to feed a child. I am shocked in this day and age people remain scared of nature's milk!
And of course there's politics...what a joke! Kinda hard I would say for Canadians to make informed decisions on who they want to vote for when the parties do nothing but bash the other guys every chance they get...how saying what the hell you are planning to do for a change?
Travelling?? well if you plan on taking a bus...be prepared to defend your life! This summer an incident on a bus resulted in a young man travelling home not only losing his life, but his head! This was after a crazy man on the bus lost his mind. A rare incident they all said, extra security not needed? Well yesterday, a "routine?" occurrence happened just north of me. The local police force put a man on the bus to travel south. Apparently a common thing when vagrants are stuck in rural communities without means or leaving. The police will pay for the ticket outta town. This man yesterday had recently been jailed along with a brief stay in hospital where it was deemed he was not crazy enough to keep in the hospital. So do you think the idiots putting the crazy on the bus bothered to check him out when they added him to the mix of passengers?! No, invade his personal space/ crazy right? well it resulted in the man stabbing another passenger in the chest, and once again bus travel is looking like it needs a few upgrades. Oh and the bus company reported it is very common practice to put vagrants on the bus, but the police do not have to inform them of the transfers?? wtf?!
on a family blender issue, there was an amber alert posted last night on tv. Involving a father and his "abducted" son on the run. They described the boy as 13yrs old, 5.5ft tall and 160lbs. I questioned right away of the ability to abduct a "child' of that age and size, only to see the next alert upgraded declaring the boy autistic. Now I realize this morning I know nothing about this situation. But if I had to speculate? I would wonder if this is really an abduction? or a father with no where else to turn? This man now has his face, name and description plastered on the tv across the country ... a man hunt on?! I hope that it is not an abduction really, I hope that this man and son can find their way to a safe home, and if it is as I predict...maybe a dad fighting the only way he can for his son?? I hope they get away fast, finding that safe new home to be a family
and finally $$$$$ Where the fuck do they come up with the cost of things these daze?? everytime I hear something about money I have a picture of Mike Myers in my head in that Austin Powers movie (which annoys me) I do not understand how soooo many millions can be floating around everywhere...but there are people starving in the streets, living in fema trailers still, fighting to pay their bills . and denied medical attention .. these are a few examples that really annoy the fuck outta me...
superbowl commercials....$8million for a fifteen second commercial WTF??
bankrupt banks....have head hunchos that collected b/tw 11-33million dollars each in salaries last year ...for going bankrupt?? WTF
the amount of money spent on 'advertising' our politians? enough said...ridiculous...!!!
it would be nice if sometimes these millions went to something that matters...ya know food for kids, medicine and treatment for those who do not have the coverage or the means to pay, etc
I think I'll tell ya what....if I had a million's dollars....I'd be rich??? NOT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
the world is a crazy place! thank god for places like shoeless acres!
Annette I think I agree with every word you wrote about the economy, politics and that terrible incident on the Grey Hound bus! This world is going crazy! I've heard for quite a while now that 'vagrants' are bussed off to other cities....oh like that's going to help them eh? The least they could do is warn people this is happening!
As for the baby feeding issue, I agree with you. I'm sure loads of teenage boys are going to get 'off' on seeing a mother feeding her baby.....oh please! These Politically Correct people get on my nerves, they have gone too far!
Thank God for some sanity such as you have on your acres!
Andrea
loony,
I love you!
Post a Comment