Tuesday, September 30, 2008

just when you think you are there....

you know back in the comfort zone of your own bed, ready for a good night of sleep...then suddenly you hear from above the scampering of little feet across the floor, only to hear the cries of your baby, calling for Mama. To the bathroom I flew only to find my wee man standing beside the toilet, a puddle of flem, puke and crud all over the floor, and his face covered in ick! My poor little man confused at what the hell was happening, me cursing Daddy for the before bed feast of cookies and milk, and the two of us gagging trying to escape the smell of vomit............hows that for some early morning thoughts.

Well it meant another night on the couch for Mama, sleeping next to the weary babes, spending the night doing everything but sleep. First it begins with Ryki and his 'whimpering in his sleep' a spin on talking I think, usually only long enough for him to find that deep 'fall out of the tree' moment, but also disturbing the force around Aspen who usually starts up with a tid bit or two of conversation. Finally just when I thought I was ready...sleep here I come...there is Nishka at my side whining to go out, and in, and out and in again...two times outside in the course of two hours~! wtf?! *I need some form of sleep to beat the crud out of my system! Finally dozed off after making room for two dogs, Aspen and myself and who should decide to wake up at five in the morning for some early poker action? my love..." I couldn't get back to sleep honey without you there to cuddle" just fucking great~! what is it my friend Linda Woods speaks of ?? Mercury in Retrograde?! well I will google that one day and start a new countdown...October 15??~! I don't know if I will survive that long.

On the funny side of life however there is always time for a smile. This one was at the expense of my love (and after the 5am wakeup call...he maybe deserved it!) Part of our day here is our noon hour call to my love. To see how his day is going, to say hello its lunchtime, and to gauge how long we have to turn the living room back into 'normal' again. Yesterday when I asked 'how is your day dear' I got ...'oh you know, one of those daze, the sheet said ~ no one home go right in, door will be unlocked' As it turns out, my love was sent to a house to install two windows, a last minute booking but not out of the norm. He got to the house, opened the door, entered the kitchen and WOOF! Barrelling down the hallway straight for my love was very large, and notso happy DOG! Slamming the door behind him, he exited the building. So what does a window installer do? Call the homeowner? call the shop?! well first he inspected the windows to be done, only to have the friendly neighbour come to inquire about his presence there. "oh the dog doesn't bite I don't think' my love was told... YA RITE!! ok! So he informed the neighbour that he was to install to windows, and proceeded to inspect ...solution? Since the windows were coming out anyways...he broke into the house thru the window, and using a 2x4, my love managed to slam the interior kitchen door shut, locking the angry dog out of the room to be entered. Into the house, thru the windows...my man completed his job for the day, leaving the dog locked in the kitchen. On a funnier side of this story.... the last time something like this happened, it was not a big ass dog chasing my love from the home, it was a kitty...yup...A CAT that came at him like nothing he had saw before, leaving him only enough time to escape to thru the patio door, and space to squeeze out a phone. That job resulted in my love spending a half hour sixteen feet up on a patio, waiting for the homeowner to come and lock up the cat....I could hear this cat over the phone that day...and all I can say is...that cat owner should hit record one day cause something tells me she could make a fortune on EVIL CAT SOUNDS!

2 comments:

G said...

your love sounds very adventurous!

sorry your babies aren't feeling well. I hope you're making it through the day with no sleep last night. Loved your story...as usual!!!!

cannylass, aka Andrea_44 said...

Oh this was a funny story, and I could just imagine it. Good storytelling! If your love came to our house our youngest, tiniest cat would probably act the same way, but the oldest would be flying down the basement stairs like a bat out of hell...he is terrified of strangers! lol