Day six of my beach boy's visit with only two sleeps to go. Whatta week~! Non stop giggling, cooking, buying MILK and smiles. I swear I have been to the store three times this week for milk! I shouldn't be surprised I supposed, as I look into the eyes of my nine year old who is less than an inch away from my own height! Yup I will be looking up come next summer.
As usual, there was the normal three daze of waiting for him to slip into Shoeless shape. Taking him a while to get used to the fact here you come up with your own daily fun, not having it handed to you on a platter with fries. I was almost scared Sunday night when Ryki yelled "Alex get off the couch and do something lets play" followed by..."you are not normal lying there" Alex I guess was perturbed by this when he declared " I am normal!" "normal boys get things, normal boys get to go to the movies, and rent video games, normal boys eat @ mcdonald's, and go shopping~!" yup there it is, my beach boy, the single kid at home with Mama, turned into a city kid....oh how I wish we could keep him! Poor Daddy looking down at the floor, declaring another son spoiled~! Its scary really when you look into the yard and see the goonies playing in the wrecking yard, the girls making mud cupcakes, and the boys annoying them by adding bug sparkles to the mix. Then there is my beach boy sitting on the lawn, fiddling with the grass. When Dad asked 'what's up?' he replied 'i don't play with dirt, and I don't do creeks!" ahh...if only kids were encouraged more to play with good old fashioned dirt more often....I played with dirt and I am not that loony!
But we go with the flow, and enjoy the time we have, and really by day three he starts to come around....letting that natural habit of just fun play kick in. Last night we got out the paint for some Halloween painting fun. Everyone around the table with their paint trays set up, paper ready, even Alex sitting down for some fun. I opened our new paint bottle, popping the top for an easy squeeze. Turned the bottle of blue to give Ryki his paint and WHOOSH! Out it came, not out of the convenient hole I had popped but out the side ... across the table straight at my beach boy! He dove like it was a missile coming at him~! Still getting a spot of paint on his arm you could see panic in his eyes, Aspen jumping for the paper towel...'don't worry Alex it will clean up right away' Poor kid, really has issues with 'stuff on him' so there was a mad rush to the bathroom to clean off the mess, with giggles of "its just a little paint" When it was all cleaned up and said and done Alex looked down at the floor and said "geeze you shot me! look at the splatter on the floor, its just like CSI!"
And the excitement didn't just stop there either, after making dinner and going to call my love in from the shop I returned to the kitchen to find my six perfectly cooked honey garlic sausages...missing from the pan!! THE DAMN DOG ATE MY DINNER! Needless to say in a mad loony fury I grabbed the frying pan and started swinging...here's hoping the Damn Dog will not be touching that pan again...for dinner...KD and frozen Pizza.
Yup busy daze around the acres, today on the list...finalize the plans for pumpkins, clean the house Friday, roast a chicken, finish up our schoolwork for the week (insert me smirking after a week of homeschool'n a public schooler...the work is not very interesting or challenging...skewl on the shoeless acres is way more fun...and according to ryki..there are more questions on his!)
oh ya...and start the round of faxing again!! While we assumed this week when we got our government bonus in the form of a GST cheque the almighty FRO had discovered their screwup, but failed to acknowledge it? After another round of 45mins on hold, the good dad found out last night...yes they have lifted the government garnishment "FOR NOW" NO...they still have no record of our $950. payment to them...that was cashed 17 fucking daze ago by them?! needless to say I will be flooding their offices again, along with preparing a package for our local provincial government official..the MPP. The crock of an agency they call FRO is really a joke, how the fuck they can not have record of these payments is beyond me, and the fact they tell my good dad husband on the phone every time..."sir if you just paid your support there wouldn't be an issue, and it is on you to prove otherwise" ITS PAID~! ITS CASHED!! good grief I would love to raise a holy fucking stink about this...but reality says....GOOD dads have no money left to fight the fight...feed the lawyers, and still have a smile on his face at the end of the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm glad that your beach boy ended up having a good time and left some of that so called "normal boy" back with his other city type stuff! I wish my five year old (soon to be six) nephew could spend a few weeks on the Acres! He needs to spend some time playing in the dirt too! I'm afraid that he is going to turn out to be the typical "normal city boy" too! He spends way too much time playing video games with Dad (and anyone else who will play) and not enough time in the dirt and grass! I played in the back streets and on the beach all the time....did me no harm! (Of course video games hadn't been invented back in the dark ages! lol)
Post a Comment