Thursday, October 23, 2008

let it snow ! and let me ramble!

you know two days in a row i have woke up 'blog'n in my head' now i sit here and wonder..what the hell was it i was gonna say? what was that thought running thru my head? This morning the thoughts were running, the kids were up, and I clicked on the kettle only to see the time...6 freak'n AM?! A little early I would say..damn it! and chilly!

WE GOT SNOW! not last night, two days ago really but there is still some here and even the leftovers of the kids first snoman of the year. sadly taken out yesterday by the bright sunshine and blue skies. Kiddies R loving it though...they were out the door yesterday before 8am~! so with any luck it will melt away before halloween, and give me a chance to get the crap put away in the wrecking yard...toys do not fair well under the sno and path of the ski doo!

So...rambling lets seee......

in the news A young boy (tween?) from Barrie has recently gone missing and the story is in the news. his parents worried, but confident he is safe somewhere playing video games. now blaming his running away on his addiction to the games, . the news bringing up more stories to coincide showing the harmful effects of the video games....WTF?! this drives me nuts..who is buying the video games? who is giving it to the kids, and letting them play unsupervised for hours on end?! In my last post I referred to my beach boy as a city kid. I meant this in a loving way...I know that there are many city kids out there in the world today who do not have the space to run and play in the concrete jungle...but I have to wonder what the hell are these parents thinking? I am proud my kids play with dirt, and know how to occupy their time in their day with PLAY, we have video games in our house, and the kids play with them. But they play with other things...DIRT! they explore, imagine and create and video games are not the sole source of entertainment. I think its about time parents start being parents, many have forgotten that rules are good for kids, and there are other things to respect in life than the electronic toys. So now it is up to the local law, volunteers etc to find this spoiled little bastard who is probably sitting in someones basement playing games! I think the parents should foot the bill for this search maybe....take the video game money away from the kid and pay the cost?!

Speaking of costs, the kids and i made it out shopping for Halloween costumes yesterday. Lucky for me the snow on the ground factor came in handy with the avoid the slutty hanna montana costume for Aspen. So much for no cable no pressure....she has been all the rage about being hanna montanna this year, while i control my own rage of NOT saying...'no honey you cannot dress like that for Halloween' bonus of living in the chilly north @ halloween...costumes have to be covered enough for clothes to fit underneath...layers many many layers! I managed to not blow TOOO much money on them, but did have to pick up a little extra for ryki's costume...accessories were a must have.

oh and a shout out to one of my fav blogs ... the journal revolution! I can't say enough about the giggles I get from reading the adventures of these two sisters. Literally saving my life (or my mom's!) when I was away from the comfort of my own home with stories of cold meat, and this morning with stories of fellow ball 'keepers' and support for a gramma...FREE EDNA~!

a warning to my friend LW from my love.....beware of those kids on the street, he was one of those kids, and Halloween is around the corner...best to give the balls back for the coming week or so maybe!

1 comment:

Linda Woods said...

you are so right about halloween...but maybe i should put the balls out painted like jack o lanterns! :)