Yesterday was an exciting day for my wee little man with barely any teeth. He lost another tooth, a top corner now missing along with the top two..yup mowing a piece of corn right now could be really tricky. But he smiled proudly showing off his tooth, keeping it close, ready for the win fall under the pillow. And this Mama was ready knowing there was a twoonie (cannuck $2coin) in my jacket.
A couple hours later, sitting with afternoon cartoons at his little table, pringles for snacking and juice jammer in hand I heard the 'Ryki Cry" the .."I am not in pain but my heart is broken cry". Turns out Ryki had got up from his chair leaving his small stack of pringles and his tooth on the table, and being the DAMN DOG in our lives Daisy took the opportunity to scarf back the pringles. Problem here being...she ate the TOOTH too! Crocodile tears and moaning, not for the tooth of course..but the money! "how will the tooth fairy know" my suggestion..."just write her a letter, I am sure she will understand"
Now for those who have read my previous tooth fairy stories, it shouldn't be surprising that I of course FORGOT the damn twoonie under the pillow, and was greeted with the early morning MOANS again of "MOM..we didn't write the letter! I didn't get my money!" well no..I forgot the damn letter because I was so tuckered last night I went to bed before nine and didn't wake up again till 6:30am...to the pitter patter of little feet on the floor above me!
So this Mama's solution this morning was to skip the damn fairy and go straight to the heart of the matter..the money! I asked Ryki if it would make him feel better if I just paid him for the tooth, handing him the twoonie from my pocket. The tears evaporated and the smiles returned, now my wee Ryki proudly showing off his new twoonie. I reminded him he should run and go pee cause Dad would be getting up and need the bathroom and off he ran.
I turned to the sink and my kettle, it was time for my morning chai and My Love's caffeine fix for the morning. I could hear Ryki in the bathroom, tinkle tinkle tinkle TINK! Ya I knew damn well what that tink was, I knew what was coming next..once again the "Ryki cry", I found him in the bathroom, holding back his tears, pointing to the freshly peed in toilet "Mama I dropped my twoonie"
Hope this is not a sign of whats to come this week, starting my Monday morning with an early morning dip into the toilet, rescuing a twoonie and the heart of my little man...I am glad I know pee is sterile..but damn! before 7am its still a little much!!!!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
hilarious........
but touched me deeper and started to cry...you're building such a novel of beautiful, touching, pee-your-pants funny memories.
Beautiful beautiful mama and inspiration to us all
I love you sweet Loon!
xoxoxoxoxo
Denise
I love the way you spin a story!!! You are awesome, and I think possibly the most awesome mom on the planet!!!
Oh... Loony, your pee pee, toonie story just made my day. I think I have a toonie somewhere around here if you need anymore. Thanks for the giggles. Part of the job description. Once I caught poop in my hand from a three month old baby who had just had a bath and was in my lap. Better in hand, than lap.
I hate to laugh at Ryki's expense but dang that was funny! tinkle tinkle TINK! Loved it!
I love the way you tell a story and I just love how you are with your kids! What amazing memories they are going to have as they grow up. Thanks for the chuckles, the smiles and the "awwwwww's".
Andrea
Post a Comment