Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kidz R Funny

There is nothing better than a smile, especially when its given to you by a child (even better when that child is yours!) When life is annoying, and getting me down, when I am ready to snap...there is always that smile, that giggle that brings me back to my happy place.

Yesterday I found Fric and Frac at the kitchen table painting their gift boxes from Valentine's Day. Now around here we do not go hog wild on these commercial holidays..they are recognized yes...but not overblown. This year I opted for something 'special' a little something different, (not just junk or a new toy) finding a small ceramic angel for sweet Jane, only to find out later...due to my lack of serious shopping skills...Mama did good...not only did she love the angel, turns out the one I chose was the one for May (Jane's bday) and the angel was called "love" who knew I could choose the perfect one (honestly I didn't notice those two facts when I bought them!) and for Ryki three little black bears...very cute and something 'special' Still, its funny how every time the kids seem to have more fun with the boxes! So as I watched them painting and creating I heard those disturbing words..."put the blood here" hmmm? Why does this painting adventure involve blood I wondered? What kinda disturbed creation is in the making? When I questioned Fric and Frac about their creation, and the blood this was Ryki's response...
"well mom we R making a monster box, and he is a carnivore, a flesh eater...he is a MEAT~A~TARIAN!" ...yup I was giggling again.

Out on the ice last night we did not fair so well in the fishing department, in fact we were skunked without even a bite. And the kids were hardly in the shack at all playing out on the ice, exploring wandering, playing with their friend Aiden. I was out jigging the lines when I heard them planning...working out their next game deciding on hide and seek. hmmm? I thought again, how does one play hide and seek in the middle of a frozen lake. Now being the responsible Mama I didn't knock their plan down, but did declare...NO hiding under the ice shacks...safety first right? So I returned to the shack, and listened as Aiden began his count, watching Ryki as he ran straight out, 100feet away wondering ...where the hell is he going. Suddenly he flopped down to the ice laying straight and still. I giggled again as I watched him "hiding" in his dark suit on the white ice, watching as Aiden 'searched'. Finally as Ryki was found, and began his own count...what did Aiden do? the same thing "hiding" by just lying flat on the ground! Funny how kids can have fun, great how they can make me giggle...and remind me...LIFE is fun ... LIFE is what you make of it, Happiness can be found almost anywhere even playing hide and seek on a frozen lake!

1 comment:

G said...

Hey Great Mama!!!! It is true... kids have a great way of reminding us that life really doesn't have to be so complicated... at least until they hit puberty!!!

Thanks for the smiles Loony!!!