Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Weekend With the Fam

confessions first..this is the second blog of the day...I deleted the first..just cause it was a personal moment when I had to scream thru the keyboard....basically My Mother is driving me crazy!

The weekend was a long weekend...the Family Holiday Weekend here in Ontario, time for family to get together and share the love! and for us..the shack, our home, and fishing! My parents arriving Friday night 'surprising' us with their visit, and Aunti Stix and Uncle Reg from the big TO up for some serious fishing!

points of fun....hmmm!
The weather was fantastic! The sunsets phenom!
The ice..forget shovelling now! The kids have the whole lake...WOW I am soo proud of how well they R doing...amazing!
The fishing..some bites, some fish a feast on Sunday! The rods...well lets just say there was another incident...this time my rod, but the same BLUB BLUB BLUB results that Ryki had. And despite the best efforts of Reg and Jane...'hooking' the two rods from the bottom of the lake remains a challenge! BUT despite the naysayers claims of "you will never catch a fish in that hole again!" I pulled in two little perch ~ The slayer I was of the day!

The food..well I was cooking ..it was great of course! A five pound meatloaf that fed all the hungry bears! And really what could be better than lunch in the shack with weiners and beans cooks on the woodstove!

The funny...hmmm I found the story funny when fric and frac returned from McBarf's...a regular part of any visit with Gramma and Grampa. I am told, there was a couple of boys there and a moment with Ryki. Two boys who gramma "KNEW would be trouble the minute they stepped into the playland" playing and stomping their way thru the play. Calling kids names, scaring them as they rode the slide. Now I will say, in general I never worry about my kids, they do not cause trouble, share well with others, ya know..the good kids on the block. BUT, should there be a situation of a bully, or some 'pick'n on' sorta of play, Fric and Frac will be the first to say "NO!! DON"T DO THAT" They have been taught by my love to not be pushed around , and not back down. We do not believe in bullies, or violence, but do believe you have a right to your own space, and to stand up for yourself.

According to Ryki "if he didn't call me an asshole I wouldn't have had a problem, AND THEN he got in my face!"

According to Gramma...two boys scaring kids, two boys start sliding, Aspen scared the living shit out of one of the boys, the other yelled at Aspen, Ryki stepped up and said 'leave my sister alone' the boy called ryki an asshole, then screamed in Ryki's face...an inch from his nose. (note this boy was about 6inches taller than me wee giant) Ryki's response to this boy...with two fingers he poked (shoved) the boy in the chest and said BACK OFF! The boys went running to their gramma claiming 'brutality' in the play ground...OUR gramma stepped in to say "settle it down" (smirking inside) and when the two boys returned acting pompous and smug? My Ryki flipped them the bird and carried on his way...playing for his remaining five minutes with his sister on the slide.

I was proud of my wee man, standing up and not backing down...BACK OFF MY SPACE MAN!

now if only I could find that courage...that strength to stand up and say...'Mom, just back off you R driving me fucking banana's!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

but I suppose that is another post isn't it?

No comments: