So yesterday was the day... the day I turned the Big 35, another year gone by and a day made fantastic by many birthday wishes from many peeps that I have loved... before now and forever. A fantastic fucking day. Hard to believe really ... that I could be so lucky...so spoiled to be here...with my kids... with my love... with my friends and family. I remember the Big 25, sitting in a restaurant having dinner with my folks, announcing it was time for ME, time for ME to do what I wanted, and to head off for yet another adventure to celebrate turning the Big 25. The plans were set, knapsacks packed, and I was heading west with my trusty dog
Nishka and my good friend Jessica. Hitch hiking
thru the nation to hit the west coast. Now as fate would have it, I would slip off a slippery curb only daze later, just enough of a fall to shred the ligaments in my foot once again...just in time to change my plans, just in time to NOT go west. Instead, limping my way down the highway,
Nishka by my side, I made it to
Wasaga Beach, to my
sista's house, to the sunshine, the sand and the water... to find my love, to fall in love and then to be blessed and spoiled to have my kids happen along the way. Who would have thunk it... the girl at 25 declaring myself
tooo selfish for kids, to selfish to stick around... a decade later, smiling and laughing with my family, enjoying the most perfect day in the sun, LOVING the life that is mine!
yes...I am a spoiled Loony... I am thankful for that every day, for my family, my children, my life...even if I have to be 35~!
We have been busier than stink around here lately, the usual for summertime on the Shoeless Acres where the driveway is like a revolving door...company in .. company out. We actually managed a road trip last weekend,
trek'n off to Cambridge to help out the family with some windows, and to visit with the peeps who are and always be...part of my
fam. A reunion of sorts with the folks who gave me
soo much many moons ago, a teenage runaway who found a family full of love and support. I was happy all these years later to help out, to visit and reconnect. The best part of course was hanging with my brother Wayne. Chosen brother for life, my best friend and part of my family. He came from Montreal for the weekend with his own Love and his newest addition to the
fam... his first born son...a handsome wee lad of just five weeks(now six weeks!)...William. Once a year I am lucky enough to see him, but now... after holding, snuggling and plain old falling in love...that will just have to change... a trip to Montreal will have to be booked in the calendar...cause damn it...seeing that little bundle of joy grow and change over the past week.... nothing is better... the smell of his baby freshness, the joy of watching him figure out how to get that little thumb to his mouth, the love I felt when he would look up and smile at his
aunty Loony... Wayne and the
fam left yesterday after a few daze here...I miss them already, but will be smiling for weeks ... I will not wash my sweater...I will snuggle and smell that baby freshness for as long as I can... I will remember how lucky I am...he is here and part of my family!

and on a general update on the Shoeless Acres... hmmm?? Our beach boy returns today for another week of fun. I have been holding his siblings back from the garden a little this week, so I we can share in the fun...the peas, the broccoli...its all coming in. With any luck...the raspberries will be ready soon too!!! woot woot for Fric Frac and Freak and another seven days of fun!!!
playing tourist this week with the family we found a most awesome spot just outside of town. A place to play, explore and hike up along side a waterfall...perfect for a picnic in the sun. We didn't even make it all the way to the top...but that just makes our return trip more exciting.

We have a new addition to the wildlife around here as well...one that was not planned, intended and even attempted to ditch...but one that seems determined to survive and stick around. Smokey Racine showed up on our door last week, and being the Loon that I am I just couldn't leave her to the wild to be gobbled up MORE so I gave her some food, some shelter, and daze later...requested my
housesitter 'get rid' of the cat before our return from our trip. 'getting rid' of the cat resulted in a two block trip down the road on a quad... the cat jumping off and rolling into the ditch to 'not be seen again' ... on the road maybe...but the little
furball managed to find her way back to our door, back to the Loony sucker that says... a survivor like that might as well stay...might as well join in on the fun around the Shoeless Acres. Little did I know then what I was in for or what I would end up doing...it resulted in ...
eww yuck gross and gag.
(insert warning here... the following may be gross...but hell its loony reality and if you are here...you might as well know how crazy I really am!!)
It would seem as though our little kitty from the wild had experience some trauma on her journey here. her little kitty paw pads ripped and torn, and her tail...half missing ... chewed off, ripped off... it was not there, only half a tail for the little grey cat. So while bathing her up, and checking her out ... what should I discover? a large open wound on her remaining tail... and what should I find in that large wound... yes those unpleasant little things known as maggots!!! so hands washed and onto my laptop.... a google here, a phone call there, and twenty dollars at the pharmacy later.... I sat on the sidewalk equipped with some rubber(gloves) tweezers and some
polysporin, some alcohol to kill the little fuckers and plucked away to make the little cat's day. Two days later it would seem I have fixed that problem... she may be a funny looker with half a tale, a short stubby pink nub at the end...but she is now our little funny feline. By my count...two lives (
atleast) down and seven more to go. The newest feline friend to roam the acres... and I say roam cause she ain't coming inside. I lost one crock pot to a feline friend last year..and it ain't happening again
No comments:
Post a Comment