Monday already! Where did the weekend go??? Saturday was fantastic, clear blue skies, and our first trip to the ski hill!!!! The local hill where ten bucks gets ya some fun in the sun on the hill. The kids loved it! I loved trying out my new skiis...which are much shorter than my last pair, so much funner on the hill. When we began skiing three years ago, we bought second hand skiis and being the more experience skiier in the fam, end up with the longest skiis. Ryki and Aspen both ski on the old school style of ski and I think are skiing on a little extra length too, but my theory is that when i do invest in the nicer shaped models(next year!)...they are going to fly. But first there will have to be some more runs on the bunny hill which will include the seatbelt for Ryki until he can remember not to watch and wave at Aspen riding the lift up the hill and watch his skiis!!!! perhaps to excited to get the pizza down...but my heart can't take it LOL. With my ten feat of seatbelt, skiing down behind him I know he will stop when he needs too! Aspen had free range on the bunny hill. I can see from top to bottom, so she was free to go up and down as she pleased...which she did. The looks some give her as she stands in line on her own waiting to go, chatting with others...making sure they know she is only skiing the bunny hill cause "my mom won't let me go to the chair alone!" She is so independant, and was so determined to ride the Jbar solo. Her tiny less than fifty pounds is pretty much carried up the hill...with her skiis bouncy from the ground! Ahhhh ski season begins....I can't wait for more!
Yesterday I finally got around to completing the dreaded chore of grooming the dreads...all fifty five of them! Four and a half hours, five back to back episodes of cornation street I sat on the couch, with my needle, combs, wax, and mirror sewing, pulling, and combing!!! The truth about a well cared for head of dreads...no I don't comb my hair every day...but when I do...augh it takes a while!!! It will be four years this coming May since Allison "installed" the dreads, they are in desperate need of some color but in pretty damn good shape...maybe I will go another year! LOL
There is a new monster in the house now, one that has cursed the internet in recent months, one that was tortured and teased that his only online community was his bank account.....my husband! Last week he broke down and declared he was ready for his own profile...his own space. So set him up I did, showing him the way, teaching him the ways around the web and as I like to call ...the world of 'crackbook" the social networking site, and now the place Dennis has discovered .... Texas Holdem!!! LOL I think me has a monster on my hands who will be fighting his way around the poker table for some evening fun! some competition for my cousin hours away who weekly hits my profile up for the add a friend, and score bonus chips...LOL I don't even know how to play!!! not to mention competition for me on the computer time...hahaha we only have one computer!!!!
Excitement tomorrow for the Acres as we will await some company. Uncle Fred is coming for a visit....yippee. With any luck it may result in a newly installed old claw tub in my bathroom, and some fresh wild bird for supper.....I found some grousse nesting in the back of the acres....and they am some yummy birds....and Uncle Fred is always up for a hunt!
But onto the skewl work for the day...and those damn taxes. Starting "Black Beauty" the book this week , and it is time to plant our avocado seeds so we better find some dirt....damn it better warm up my toes are flip'n froze!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ok, you know I got questions. About the dreads. What do you sew? I get the wax but a needle and sewing? I'm lost.
The hubby's hooked on the net huh? Woot Woot!
I've never had grouse. Dad used to raise pheasants and I love those. YUM!
questions happily answered...LOL
re: hubby...he is hooked on texas holdem...finally I can spend my evenings crocheting in peace!!! but I don't get much of a chance to check my mail after dinner now!
re: da dreads One of the main reasons I got them is because I liked having longer hair....but it is VERY fine, and dead straight. Now the dreads give me that body and volume I have always dreamed of. (start'n with some humour LOL) But it also means that they don't naturally twist together...so when I get "breakaway hairs" at the root I sew them back in with a craft needle, or a crochet hook! keeps them nice and tight!the wax I make myself using my veggie steamer!!! vaseline and beezwax..that's it..much cheaper than buying it, and now the old man grooms his beard with it too...LOL
mmmm...pheasants!!! Uncle Fred used to raise them too (to repopulate...raise and release LOL) sadly he had to cancel the visit no wild bird for me yet!)
Post a Comment