Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow daze, defragging and avoiding the books

FRIDAY!!!! woo hoo
Woke up this morning and new right away i would not be book keeping today. i just can't go through the crumpled up receipts, and fill my head with numbers today. So I am putting the crappy job off till Monday! I know it will take three days..one for receipts one for imputting and one for totalling....then in the mailbox to the accounting God we have, a dear friend back home who is 80years old and still going strong.
Yesterday I finally found the defragger on the machine. Still I have no idea what it is or its function but i hit go and away it went ... for three hours! is my computer working any faster today ? no ! can i see a difference? no but defragged it is! I tell my son Alex when he is here that my old crappy computer teaches us patience when we are waiting for something to load....or as he loves to point out "on his mom's computer Darth Vader farts alot faster" still it would be nice to watch the odd vblog here and there. While defragg'n the computer i was defrag'n my mind as well. Defragging out the old, and replacing it with a new inspired and refreshed outlook. I was inspired by a new friend and her Journal Revolution, reminded of the fun and joy I get out of snapping photos. so off i begin again to snap happy and enjoy the day.
Back in the real world on the Shoeless Acres, the wildlife never slows down. Daisy who has become very close with the neighbour dog Mofo is now running off each morning to play with her buddy!!! Good grief she is getting closer to the age so I have to keep an eye on those too....I do not really need a dozen little puppies on the acres this spring. Lucky for me the master of Mofo is willing to help stupervise when the heat is on and help keep the two apart. I figure she is 8mths now, so she will be grounded any day now!!! I will be needing to clean out the coup soon too!!! As I have on ordered a dozen laying hens...woo hoo fresh eggs. And even better they will come in April ready to lay! fact i learned on the birds this summer...they don't lay eggs till 3-5months old...go figure ?!LOL The neighbour is getting them for me for free in return for free eggs. I love to barter...such fun and better than money I think!
well the tea is gone...dogs are barking and kiddies are ready for breaky #2! dishes to be done, bathroom to be cleaned, and snow to play in today....just another loony day on the shoeless acres....but FRIDAY
woo hoo!!!!

No comments: