Friday, February 22, 2008

Energized

Whatta Week!!! Starting with the end of the first ever 'Family Longweekend' The newest way for our government to make itself look good, which for me was terrific! The start of an annual weekend with visiting family and ice fishing, I hope the first of many!
Then of course was the day I logged onto Erika's site to see it complete with music....which i am listening to again now!! How I have missed her voice and energy!!! A new staple to my morning tea....Erika's words cranked from the speakers...ahhh!

Best of all though had to be the eclispe of 2008!!! what a sight! what a feeling! We were lucky to have a fantastic view right from the window, and the stars were sooo bright glowing orange. I was surprised how fast it all happenned. Bundled up and running outside with my camera...flip'n freezing @ -20!!! I had orignally planned to warm up the skidoo and take a run up the hill to the darkness...but brrr!! tooo cold. And realistically there is no point in me trying for good pics like that...I need a tripod!!! Even my video camera was hopeless....I couldn't find the moon half the time!!! Too shaky. I was disappointed and peturbed at first, knowing I do have a great zoom on the video but then something happenned as I sat in the snow watching the moon. A memory, a thought, a sense of calm that I had forgotten, left behind. Years ago I would "meditate" daily. I use that term loosely as I have never followed a type of meditation, just breathing really. I had once bought a book in a thrift store, and sadly have misplaced it. I can't even remember the title for sure...something along the lines of "minding the body mending the mind" basically a book on the theory of healing yourself with your thoughts, spirit, breathing and believing. I loved that book, I read it daily, and learned about the power of just being and breathing. Daily I would sit somewhere, on a beach, in a field, by a creek just breathing, just absorbing the energy. I can't really remember when I stopped doing this, Taking my time to breath, probably when the kidlets arrived! I am happy and healthy now, and blessed with my family and friends, but breathing under the moon in the cold winter air reminded me of times past, let me breath in the energy of the eclipse, and the beauty around me in the stars above and the power of love, and the happiness you can feel.
I am going to start to taking my time to breath again, my time to be alone in peace, my time to feel the energy around me and share in the calmness of the air I breath

This weekend is the "free Family fishing weekend" in Ontario, so for me with no licence...woo hoo I can fish!! (such a cheapskate!) So I declare now...no matter how many holes I have to dig, hut or no hut!!! I am gong to catch a fish this weekend. I actually drove home from the lake last weekend alone on the sled for the first time!!! (designated sled driver!) nervous at first, the lake doesn't scare me it is the crossing of the roads...I don't drive well on pavement but have mastered "hoofing" the skidoo around to the direction needed ...just feel like an ass doing it!!! They are calling for great weather so here's hoping Loony catches a fish for supper!!!

1 comment:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Yay for being re-energized!! Good luck with the fishing. I wanna see a BIG one!! :o)