One of the things I enjoy in my week is reading the local paper...I read the front page, the classified and the letters to the editor first and decide from there. Back in my home town I loved reading the "weekly four page" paper. And of course being the cheapskate I am, I would shop at the local grocery store on Wednesday's because if you spent more than $20.00 you got the paper for free (easy milk, diapers, bread) I even have my parents bring me a few old papers when they visit sometimes. In that paper I would search for the birth/deaths first to catch up with old friends...it doesn't matter how far away you move...if something happens the town will know!!! then on to the "town council news" often filled with silly bickering, odd complaints etc but many times I claimed it as good as an episode of Cornation Street with the antics that went on.
Recently in the local paper letters to the editor have gone back and forth discussing one of my favorite things....CBC, a federally funded Canadian television channel. I am considering writing a letter to the editor myself now as I would like to dispute the most recent claims of 'a waste of tax payers money' The is my CBC they are speaking of!!! Most likely the only channel you are guaranteed to get without cable service....no matter how remote an area you are in....perhaps requiring the lost technology of a black and white! They entertain my children daily with their children's line up of excellent children programming...educational, no commercials...advertising crap to my kids. They also have.....
1 hockey night in canada
2.dr. who
3.CORNATION STREET?!!!
4. The Nature of Things
5. Fantastic Political Humor....
this hour has 22minutes
Rick Mercer
Royal Canadian Airfarce
6. Sunday night Disney Movies
7. Olympic coverage
8.Original Cdn Programming
9. this list can go on and on and on!! I can't understand what these people have to complain about.
Just last night I watched "The Week the Women Went" and I LOL"D for the entire hour. Reality television on cable?...has nothing on this show about a small town without their women for the week!!!! The men are half way through their week and ready to drop!!! LOL While there are some handling things well, and women just dying to get home to their families watching these men cope with being with their kids 24-7 is freak'n hilarious. One guy has already killed the pet cat, another shaved his girlfriends son's (3x) hair all into mohawks, they group bathed a bunch of kids using the trampoline, dishsoap, and garden hose, and the surprise of the week is a guy planning to surprise his girl of ten years with a wedding when she returns....including picking bm's dresses in lilac "whatever color that is? I will take it" I doubt I will write my letter to the editor to defend one of my fav things, I doubt the one's complaining have actually considered all that CBC has to offer, instead I will champion the CBC to all that will listen LOL and enjoy it for all its worth!!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
OKAY!
Kev and I JUST got rid of digital cable cuz- well- we NEVER watched it. we now have "VIP basic"- whatever the hell that means. up to channel 70.
i still want certain stations and, if i had my druthers, i would keep just those stations. but, alas, i cannot.
so it remains. i wanted to eliminate all last summer. let's see if i can DO IT this summer!
P.S. the "word verification" that i have to put in for this comment is: DVDTV
funny, huh?
Post a Comment