Friday, April 18, 2008

1800-BEARWISE

so it has started.....finally spring, and now alerted by the local news BEAR season. Featured last night and this morning, the local ministry of natural resources explaining the do's and don't of being bear wise, reporting that there has already been a couple of sitings in and around our Bay. So here we go...right away hubby sits the kidlets down to ask them if they remember the bear safety tips from last year, right away he turns to me and says........THEY (kidlets) DONOT go outside without Nishka......NISHKA is not to be tied up right now at all or EVER!!!

We had a spring bear drop in for a visit last year when Daddy was away, outta town on a job. He hung around the house for over an hour, lurking thru my berry bushes looking for some goods. One thing about the Acres, and the previous owners, the borders of the property are filled with berry bushes, and rhubarb. I read in my books an old school way to feed the wildlife before they enter the real gardens. But the spring bear last year was right outside my door. So I have to chuckle at the girl on the news, advising us in the public to call 1800bear wise or 911 in the event of a bear on your property. HA HA the joke was on me last year when I called, and was very politely told 'they only come out in the event of property damage or the bear threatening a human' hmmm and wtf I said??? he was standing up looking in at me and the kids thru the patio door in the kitchen...should i wait to call for help, wait for the bear to decide to bust the door down?
so be prepared reader of the blog...there will be some issues i am sure. I have found that Nishka is staying on the property, and not venturing to the cemetery to harass??? visitors ONLY if i keep Daisy tied up. Alone they behave...together and free bad girls LOL. But I will be damned if I keep the only thing that RID the Shoeless Acres of the Spring Bear last year tied to a tree while my kidlets play in the yard. Lets just hope we are BEAR FREE this year!!!!!!!!!

I really must get working on my new sign for the road....
EXTREME NANNY ON DUTY.........!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

DBsmom said...

Holy Bear Scare, Batman!!! I though you meant it was the start of humans hunting bears season...not the other way around!!

Have you read "Blueberries for Sal" by Robert McCloskey? It is one of our favorites and now I know that it is non-fiction!

Kim aka Mommy said...

I never thought about yall having bears! How exciting and scarey all at one time!