busy busy busy...sooooo many things to do and my head is spinning?! can't think when thoughts R racing thru my mind and sooo many funny stuff that should be blogged to day is clouded by nonsense! not to mention the kids are running in circles "going banana's" watching Bruno and the Banana Bunch
so today I will remember to breath...find some sunshine and clear my thoughts. When I woke up this morning I was spinning in my mind, racing thoughts of all kinds...found my book it always calms my mind as I read "how to breath"
The book, mentioned here once before my favorite...lost long ago only to be returned sort of speak by a stranger friend...my online sista...Thank you
this is what I found this morning when I looked up Wisdom...(p132-133)
The Book Minding the Body Mending the Mind , Joan Borysenko, Ph.D
It is in the section involving Mind Traps
Three levels of Understanding
1.The Beginners Mind
*With any negative encounter first requires a sense of perspective...clearing the decks of opinion
"Understanding begins with the admission of our ignorance"
2.Taking Responsibility
*for our own actions
3. Wisdom
"Understanding is progressive"
insight arising from a calm blame free perspective
"Wisdom, unlike rationalization, always feels like relief. Once you understand that your goal is to change, rather than accuse, your mind will come to your aid"
Caution notes (directly from the book!)
"the most common disaster in applying this system is in thinking you have someone else's number. DON"T analyze other people's mind traps" (ya don't have enough data for that~!)
"you can only be responsible for your own process"
Six most Common Mind Traps
1. Negative personal beliefs
2Social Beliefs
3Doing it My way
4Rationalizing
5Dillusionment
6Despair
This Loony is going to breath and try not to fall into a trap
smile peeps...it feels alot fucking better~!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
i love this post!
Very good Loony. I will take this advice for sure. Thank you for sending me here, I needed this.
this is a great post loony it gave me lots to think about.
this is the way I try to live my life! thanks for sharing! I love it!
Maybe I should have kept a copy for myself! LOL
I just need to remember to breathe.
Lovin' you!
Post a Comment