Rainy day monday...9:15 am and we were just about to start a day of summer school, as per Ryki's request~! Goonies to the rescue, two little ones just biked up the driveway...and I do not have to be teacher this morning...too bad cause its alot more fun than the bookkeeper role I will have to step into instead..augh!
busy weekend on the Acres...Friday we took twenty chickens to the butcher.
Time to raise the birds...May 9 to July 25
average cost thirteen bucks (including $2.90/bird for butcher..which saves me the grief of cleanup!)
weight when butchered...6-8lbs
Taste...fucking fantastic...especially with roasted with fresh baby red potatoes from the garden.
note on potatoes...being the first roast of the year...my love while I love him, is very picky about having the potatoes peeled...what the hell do you grow red then? is my opinion. So for Sunday Roast Chicken Dinner...first of 2008
I pulled a rebel...left the tasty red skin on...and even got to taste a little garden dirt~! Loony I know, but there is nothing better in my opinion.
Saturday...a trying day, rain, sun, thunder, yard work, kids, hubby ... LIFE~!
we managed to spend the morning making "cootie catchers" and waiting for the rain to stop. Around four PM Daddeo and the brats left on the quad for a little riding and I took a nap! just as I shut my eyes however/??? I heard that eerie thud you do not want to hear. Usually involving a pet of the household...and currently...there is only one rodent(hamster) left. I checked in Aspen's room to find that yes...my wee girl had left the cage door open and "KC" was not in there.
Checked for cats..none in house, close door, and stuff bottom to prevent escape, and wait to remind Aspen the consequences of leaving the door open, waiting to see if there was going to be more tears. 7pm the quad arrived home, and I broke the news to Aspen. While somewhat sad??? she didn't seem to be too heartbroken..life goes on ... but she was upset cause she spent 'hours cleaning the cage for her to go missing now?!" 7:30pm...watching TV I see Daisy in Ryki's room...she is in pounce mode (results of playing with cats as a pup...she pounces like them) I jump up...pull a box from the corner and....
THERE"S KC~! drenched in the scent of doggie drool, and looking a little shaken...she made it thru Aspen's room, thru the kitchen, the living room...to Ryki's room and in and OUT of Daisy's mouth!!
TOUGH LITTLE HAMSTER.....
DAMN GOOD DOG!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
save me some that fresh organic chicken!! LOL
that sounds like an awesome meal Loony! skin on for sure!!!!
You're house sounds like such fun!!!
Peeled red potatoes? That's just wrong! LOL
Yay Daisy! She sounds like the best lil hamster finder ever! :o)
Loony...your awesome, I'm tellin you the more stories I tell the kiddos about ur shoeless acres...the more they wish you would come adopt them....lol
Oh...so many drools and giggles coming from this fool!
xoxoxooox
Denise
Post a Comment