well lets start it right off by saying while I should be organizing paperwork, reviewing websites, and filling in line 47 on line 56 adding that to line 150 and coming out with a solid answer...
confession...I never took accounting in school, filling in all those lines AND understanding what the hell they mean?! drives my brain batty...I have an accountant for that stuff...and honestly...I am not in the mood to get started yet today...so here I am blogging confessions
holiday confessions....while there have been a few years we actually made christmas cards to send out to friends and family, there are also a few years that NOTHING none of them got mailed out. I never send cards, xmas, bday's, etc I am terrible at it really...LAZY? and it rarely happens. When my dad's side of the family back in the home town threw me a wedding shower...one of the gifts my mom gave me was a box of thankyou cards&stamps...enough for all the guests, all I had to do was fill them out. I did it but not because I wanted to ...because there were forty some odd people there that day that saw me open the damn cards...so obviously they would be expecting them right?
Thats why I love email...quick easy no need to find buy and fill in the cards, and worse..no need to go to the post office
Yesterday I went to the post office TWICE~! in a mad dash to try to get some stuff out in time for xmas, while I had been waiting for the funds to be available, I managed to sell a chicken over the weeks giving me the funds early...still my fifteen dollars only bought stamps for three things, and I had five. When I arrived home..what did I find? my xmas funds had come early and I could have done it ALL in one shot~! I did get ALL the pkgs out that I wanted to...but in confessing to the above..when you find a little loony something in the mail, my apologizes now..the place was freaking packed, I stuffed what I had in and neglected to stuff in the little note saying hello, happy holidays and best wishes. Luckily I am guessing once the pkg is opened...all will be self explained
Shopping...I hate it~! I am a cheapskate shopper that doesn't want to spend money on junk, I only go INTO the malls when absolutely necessary carefully making strategic plans on where to go in, where the store is and how the hell to get out of there fast. I don't think its the crowds as much as the air in the malls. Even as a kid I couldn't stand them, I feel icky knowing its not fresh air I am breathing...its recycled...ya this is where the germ~o`phobe comes in maybe eh?
I started my xmas shopping Satuday...I managed to get pj's for all, slippers for dad, two small things for aspen and ryki, a MICROSCOPE KIT for the homeschool'n brats, and three Crazy Carpets...then I saw the snow outside coming down and opted to come home...no more shopping for me
The crazy carpets were more to satisfy my childhood memories than to provide fun for my kids...but for $2.29 the fun lasted all weekend long...a hell of a lot cheaper and more giggles than a video game I would say~!
I was AMAZED by my love this weekend when he went out to get us a new crock pot.....HE SHOPPED...he came home with xmas presents for the kids~! this is something that rarely happens, a thorn in my side as the battle has continued yearly as I try to explain my hatred for shopping. Typical man says...'its easy' just spend xxxfor each kid how hard can that be? well when one kid is interested in stuff that cost xxx and another kid is extactic with a few things that cost only xx ...how do you explain to the young minds...the difference between one gift and three?? do you include the receipts to show it is fair? do you worry that they will not notice the difference in costs..only the difference in number of presents. that is why I hate shopping, that is why I was amazed my Love managed to do some, cause honestly...for over five years now I have threatened to make him do it all....and if I am being honest...I would NEVER let that happen...I am a cheapskate...he is a kid in the candy store, spending $$ and not looking back....he doesn't have to ...I do the damn books~!
I have starting planning a new project for the new year..a flickr thing, a photo thing a 365sorta thing. i have wanted to do this for a while, even looked into some groups...confessing I suck at following the rules ...I couldn't find a group that wasn't going to annoy me with the rules...so I made my own. no rules, pick your own theme, and hell if you can't make 365pics...givertake 52~!
I have been so inspired by the photos of friends and strangers, encouraged to improve my loony photography skills, hoping this is a way to continue the fun, to share different themes, and pics, skills and tricks.....now if I could just narrow it down...how many photos can one Loon take? I know ...TOOO MANY~! 365daze of dinner with loony for sure, and trying to narrow down one more...365loony things on the acres? 365 loony smiles of the day 365 daze of damn dog? hmmm...sooo many ideas and only a couple weeks left..start date 01/01/09
final confession...I have a circle of BRIE in the fridge, I bought on sale for xmas....I want to eat it NOW, I donot want to wait....I want to roast some garlic, smoosh it into the melted cheese squish it between two rice crackers...and enjoy~!!!!! tooo bad I turn into a walking smelling clove of garlic when I am done...My Love will bust me for sure, and has already declared that a once a year treat...cause it is TRUE...I SMELL like Garlic for atleast three days when this favorite treat is done~!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment