Friday, December 19, 2008

Funny Family Friday

let the holidays begin~! the last few daze before Christmas, and still lots of stuff to do...augh! Today the dreaded Friday chore of cleaning the house...I will get to that in a moment. I think even My Love was hoping for an easy day when he bundled up for work this morning. Not the Snowmageddon they are getting in the south...but damn cold outside...brrr~!

so randomly funny this week around the acres...

every night after my favorite 30mins...Cornation Street, we all gather in the living room and you can hear Aspen and Ryki shouting in their DEEPEST voices "THIS is JEOPARDY" and for 30mins we all sit around shouting answers, and keeping score of who gets the most right. I spend the 30mins giggling because honestly the answers that are shouted out...sometimes have NOTHING to do with the questions and the excitment that comes over their faces when they get an answer right is priceless. Wednesday night I was in the kitchen listening to the 'shhhh! for god sakes its final jeopardy' "I need to hear the question" I didn't hear the question, but I did hear Aspen shouting "anne of green gables! Anne of Green Gables! Anne of Green Gables!!" "I KNOW this one...I won I won I won~!" the answer to final jeopary? Anne of Green Gables~! There was high fives flying every where...Cheeks rosy red, and smiles all around~! Now if I had the chance...we may have asked our fellow Cannuck Alex Trebak if Ryki's answer was MORE correct. The question involves a picture of a house, recently seen in a 2008 Movie. The Movie was actually called...Anne of Green Gables, Anne of no where in Particular...which was Ryki's answer...particularly correct I think!

My Love, the Window Diva had an interesting week, working on a century old home, replacing sixteen windows. Now as a professional, he likes to include a personal touch when working often sharing in a story or too, some chit chat as he lets his hands thaw from the temps outside, knowing a smile and a friendly hello sometimes involves a hot tea in the afternoon, or maybe a homemade treat. The client this week is a young lady under thirty, recently inheriting the century old home (HUGE HOME) and remodelling it to be a new Wellness Centre, Spa and Retreat. A place for people to go, relax and rejuvenate thru yoga, knitting and meditation. 'she is nuts' is what My Love told me over dinner last night. It started with her explanation of her "visions" her life as a reincarnated soul of a lady next door from fifty years ago, which had brought her back to the area to fulfill her dreams and visions... it ended with her thanking My Love for his job well done, and further explanations of her heightened spiritual emotions this week in the presence of My Love. Her figuring of how it cannot be a coincidence that Jesus was a carpenter, and Jesus had a beard. My love..also a carpenter, and also a man with a beard, that somehow the Lord has sent the spirit of Jesus through my love to bless her home during this festive season. For My Love...a tense moment where he had to control himself ...not to laugh, to respect the beliefs of this young lady, exiting the home on a mission 'for a tool' passing by his young apprentice who asked.."where you going?" to which my smartass Window Diva replied..."I going outside to catch my breath...I might even try walking on water...Jesus is with me today"

its minus twenty something outside right now...where are my crazy kids? sliding down the hill on their crazy carpets....who's nuts today?

Daisy is smiling alot these days, happy moments...damn dog moments...she gets very excited bearing her teeth...I think the damn dog has grown again~! turning into a machine like our Lady Liberty.

The kids went $store shopping this week for xmas. for the last month they have earned five dollars each a week with the big pay off this week. Twenty dollars to shop for xmas...twenty reasons explaining why it is not time to shop for ourselves, twenty smiles when it was all added up ...ten dollars for presents, five dollars for saving, and five dollars for the poor..correction 'not the poor! for charity" says Jane. A proud Mama moment~! I still need to shop, brave the crowds the grumps and the parking lots....and buy wrapping paper. Something My Love just doesn't get. Why didn't I buy wrapping paper yet? Well because when you have two little ones there with you shopping you kinda bust the whole dream of Santa when their presents are wrapped in something they SAW you buy??! duh!

Happy Holidays ~!

2 comments:

Patty said...

HA.....LOL!!! YOur window diva's comment about walking on water CRACKED me up!!! Thanks for the belly laugh...OH and....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

MamaD said...

OMG I almost peed my pants reading about the Window Diva! That is exactly the kind of reaction my dh would have! I love when Witnesses come knocking on our door and I tell them we got enuff crazy around here, thanks but no thanks. Raised Catholic, pretty much makes me an agnostic. Kathy Griffin sensibilities about religion, that's me!