I was attending a concert at Lu Lu's...James Brown on Stage, and the longest bar in the world. I was going with a guy I was 'dating', and a group of new friends including one gent who I had met just the night before, a somewhat arrogant italian restaurant owner who happened to share a the flavor of scotch with me. Three years later the same italian and I were sharing our Thursday bottle of red at a local restaurant Jazz night, while smiling with our friend who was also having an art show there that same night. This is when I learned the free wine factor of an art show?! who knew they would look at you funny when you tried to pay~! When we realized..wow three years, lots of time for two who were "not a couple" an unlikely duo really, me the young chick a little loony, running the local hotel, him the older italian (typically single and still living with his parents??????) running the swank italian eatery. He asked me that "whats your goal in life" I simply replied "to be happy" He looked at me with stranger eyes then the bar man when I tried to pay for the wine "REALLY"
That's about it I figure, I want to be happy. I know life cannot be perfect all of the time, I have been fortunate that I have not had to experience anything past losing a loved one, people who I needed to reach my goal. I have been thru the ups and downs, with money and with none at all, but always managed to be happy.
A couple years later, still running the hotel, still spending my nights with live music, smiles, love and wine I came to realize I wasn't really happy anymore, I needed to reach my goal again. I said goodbye and left town, ending up on a beach with family, sun, and fun. Not long after slinging beers in a local bar, typical biker comments like new barmaid eh? LOL how long will she last? Nice tits, nice ass she will do for a month...yup that's where I met my love, Monday night dart champ and the man with the sweater....I was lucky, spoiled really I found my love, blessed with children, and here we are...on our shoeless acres...happy with love.
I believe you can find happiness anywhere, the smiles of friends, and strangers, the snowflakes that continually seem to fall ...with money, without alot of it, simple life fun I found is the best...and really now I cannot afford the nights of wine and music~I am mama~! but its always there in the sunshine, the rain, the dog snoring on the floor, present for daddy under the tree...from : RYKI its his prized marble collection and he wants Dad to have it. I know that there are bumps in the road that make happiness that much further away, but you can always find it somewhere.
Last week on the news I heard a story about happiness. A study from Harvard or Yale or Brain Academy ...
Happiness is as contagious as the common cold~!
By exposing yourself to happiness you can can 12% better health...augh!! I sound like a virtual pet..(beep beep beep)and really should right this shit down~!
Studies have shown that even sharing happiness thru the online world can actually improve ones health and well being
So there you go~! today I am going to reach my goal of being happy again, and not spend my day in stress and wallow, I am going to finding the fucking happy in my day again, starting with the kids ...after or maybe before they are finished playing with mR. Potato head POPPPING his eyes across the room...disturbed little minions they are! but happy
spread some happy today~! with a friend, with a stranger...even Ryki says he hopes the happy meter is up for Santa and his slay tonight!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Great plan and great idea! I have been spending way too much time feeling sorry for myself, time to find the happy again. I WILL, if you will too?
gooooo, loony!! this inspired me!! xo
Loony this made me cry....for many reasons! You have such an insight into the world of happiness that I wish I could have. I'm happy just knowing you and wish we lived closer but I'll settle for the online friendship too. I have been wallowing in self pity, guilt and a load of other crap lately, and this post lifted me up..thank you!
(I wonder if we ever brushed shoulders at the longest bar in the World?!)
Post a Comment