Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 and a whole new year ahead!!!

my new year's resolution... to blog more!! I miss it, I enjoy it...and damnit I am just gonna do it!

Speaking in general, I am not one to make yearly resolutions. Plans are always in the works around here...

1. I want to quit smoking but do not want to kill someone along the way

2. I want to go to Montreal to visit my bro Wayne and the family ... preferably in the winter so a ski trip can be included.... but do not have the $$$ (or the time now that we have been blessed with monthly appearances once again ....explaining once again...we are broke and the opposing party is full of shit)

3. I want to plan and plant my garden early this year... but reality says I am a pro at killing plants and last year all my hard work ended up 6inches under snow less than 24hrs after planting...so yup it goes in the ground from seed.... or purchased from the local nursery

But looking forward to the year ahead there are many dreams...dreams that will with any luck at all, (not to mention work) will become a reality. Those I will keep under my Loony hat for now... cause I just don't wanna jinx myself by saying it OUT LOUD.

For the blog...well lets just say there better be some regular posting around here...or I am not clicking this link anymore!!!

more recipes and cooking tips ! I have just completed a 365 project on flickr. 365 days of Dinner with Loony givertake a few... mostly givertake the take out, the dead batteries or the I just plain forgot (toobusy) If I can say anything to anyone reading this...cook real food~! cut that box crap, already pre-made, preheated, pre-frozen, pre-flipping chewed food outta your diet. You want to maintain a healthy lifestyle...start with what goes in your mouth. You wanna complain you don't have time to cook a real meal.... I say BULLSHIT~! I can cook a full meal in less than 30mins and nothing comes from a box, nothing says just add water and NUKE for 30secs. There are tricks and tips to fantastic cooking and this year I plan on sharing!!!

more funny stories from the Shoeless Acres and life with Loony and the fam ... cause lets face it...around here the giggles never stop. If Fric and Frac and Freak are not up to something funny, I am positive one of the damn dogs have done something to make you giggle (not necessarily me giggle...but I am willing to share my pain)

and more Loony thoughts and confessions about the world around me. ie/ my excitement and involvement in a fantastic new book and the road travelled to get there ...basically waiting for the news...its here...its published and YES there is a loony face in those pages.

I had considered starting totally new... scrapping this blog for something new. A way to avoid previous posts which I did not want to share. A blog that would go public...past just the friends and family online...and into reality...where everyone knows. But in the end, the delete button was a heck of a lot easier than saying goodbye to some of my favorite thoughts and posts already here.

SO for any newcomers... this is my blog. I am a Loony Cannuck living in Northern Ontario. A stay at home...homeschool'n mama living a loony life and having a great time doing it.
A few of my favorites.... just cause
http://loonyshoelessacres.blogspot.com/2009/01/tooth-damn-dog-twoonie-and-tink.html

http://loonyshoelessacres.blogspot.com/search/label/loony%20thoughts

http://loonyshoelessacres.blogspot.com/2008/12/many-moons-ago.html

http://loonyshoelessacres.blogspot.com/2009/04/homestuck-in-snow-whatever-can-we-do.html

Coming soon to THIS BLOG near you...

tips on cooking...using the crock pot and simple easy tips that make your dinner awesome!

Loony Rants and Raves... most likely involving the damn dogs in my life

Tips on being the Cheapest Cheapskate you can be...if I can reuse it, recycle it, and NOT buy it...I will and I do~!

Funnies...never forget about the funnies ...cause lets face it... smiling is fun, and laughter is the best !

1 comment:

cannylass, aka Andrea_44 said...

I'm so happy you have decided to resume blogging because I love the way you write, and reading about your life! Even though we do get the 'almost' daily happenings on Flickr, I like that you can write even more here! :)))

Andrea xo