This is a recipe from my friend Liz...we have made it and it is fabulous
Notes.....1. I found out it does not take a dozen carrots to get your 3cups! (start with say three or four LOL)
2. powdered sugar is American for Icing sugar
3. 1 stick of butter? look on the side of your pound LOL I think it is a cup....but will check on that in case it is only 1/2cup!!! LOL
my absolute favorite.... seriously SO easy. hardest part is shredding the carrots. i use a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch baking pan. almost like a sheet cake or jelly roll pan.
PREHEAT 350
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 cups canola oil
2 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Beat eggs, add sugar, beat well. Add oil, carrots and dry ingredients. Beat well. Add nuts if desired. Bake in greased sheet cake pan for approximately 45 minutes (my oven takes less time so check around 30 minutes). Cool and frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1 stick margarine or butter
1 - 8oz block cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Isn't this just the yummiest cake!? I wish I had a piece (or 2) now!
loooooony! i'm loving that you love this! i just made one on sunday....
i've found that a 1 lb bag of carrots does the trick for me...
:) xo
Post a Comment