Thursday, May 15, 2008

is it lunch time yet??

well the day started at 5:30 am this morning...animals!!! Nishka whining to go out...Mofo(still here) whining to get in...Ryki whining for his morning tea...ahh....I can escape and just go outside to feed my chickens, listen to the birds and leave Daddy to put on the kettle.

I have given up on taken Mofo home...the dirt that is in my car?! I am not looking forward to that cleanup. I have discovered however it is alot easier to just lock the big bastard up in the barn (NOT where my chickies R!) and let Daisy out on her own. She is not liking his advances today.... I hope that means it is almost over...who's gonna tell Mofo?

Exciting news on the wildlife front (sadly without a photo...but a new mission!) Went to check on my canoe this morning after all the rain yesterday and discovered.... a big ass beaver in the pond! Now don't get me wrong...if I do not like what he is up to .. he will have to go ... (Our neighbour 'cooter' is the local beaver trapper...LOL) but until then...a new Loony hunt for pics of the beaver....damn why did i not have my camera!!! but the pond was beautiful so when i returned with Camera in hand to find the beaver MIA...I grabbed some reflections of the morning sunshine. (hmm....just noticed and thunk...why would I capitalize Camera above/? like its a person... a trusted friend... like I am referring to someone by name??? LOL loony thoughts in the morning)

so still busy getting ready for the weekend....still excited about who may actually turn up for the holiday....ya just never know who may decide to make the trip outta all my friends and fam.

Hit the $$store yesterday for a couple of things for the kids. They were paid five bucks for puppysitting Milo last week. I just love taking them their with their money in hand. They pay for it themselves...they now know that for every dollar you spend...you need a dime and a nickel for 'the damn taxes" and the things they choose? last time they had two things to choose each. They each chose a new bug house for summer (which have come in handy over the past week!) Aspen chose a "blush" from the makeup section and Ryki chose a spiderman toothbrush!
This week...each chose a butterfly (frog/minnow/jimmney's-crickets) net and Aspen...a make up mirror Ryki...bag of rubber bag of fish. I am seeing a trend here with Aspen and her makeup...poor kid this mama doesn't do makeup LOL will need to find her a good teacher. Ryki opened his bag of fish to discover....someone screwd up and threw in a seal in the bag! bonus! identify all the different fish whales dolphins etc and moved them into the bathroom sink filled with water...he plays for an hour at the sink talking to his fish?? but keeps a special jar beside the sink .. if you need to use the sink...you need to keep his plastic fish in water in the jar!

1 comment:

DBsmom said...

I love that your camera is your friend and companion...it could have a name, couldn't it?

It is so cute that Aspen is playing with make-up...Betsy did that for about 12 minutes. Don't worry, when she is ready to wear it for real...Auntie Cara can come to the rescue!!

...and I am all caught up with your adventures!!! I am very happy! You always make me smile!