Monday, May 26, 2008

its raining! but I am NOT complaining!

Monday morning and its rain rain rain. That is ok with me today because I managed to plant more veggies this weekend so this rain will only help things grow.
This morning we were out the door @ 8am, off to Value Village for 50% off day!!! 87bucks spent and we brought open three giant bags full of stuff. And who knows...I might even go back !! without the kidlets of course for some Mama Shop'n LOL. Its kinda like the grocery store on weekends though...you want in the door first thing in the morning, cause otherwise...more people, more grumps, and less patience everywhere. Kinda like boxing day sales...people going crazy trying to get everything they can.
Our weekend was fun, planting in the garden, enjoying the sunshine...BUT not the bugs. I think it is safe to say we all fed the black fly population very well this weekend...itch itch! my ankles, elbows and neck have various LARGE red spots. The price you pay I guess living here in the north......still not as bad as further north...I wouldn't even make the dog go outside in those conditions.
Sunday I took Ryki and his little buddy "B" fishing out back in the canoe. Learning a couple of lessons....
1. find worms easier than minnows(thats catching them..the minnows they flip and flop all over the canoe when you open the trap the wrong way)
2. while the boyz had a blast and a half...I don't think there is any big fish in there
3. find the anchor for the canoe and attach...just as I would get both boys set with their bait, lines cast, and ready to take some photos....WIND would come and blow us across the water.
4. either...take the damn dog Nishka in the canoe..or tie her up when going fishing in it. Doesn't work so well when she decided to swim across the pond to us, snagging the lines and taking them with her to shore! I shouldn't really complain (I was laughing) we managed to get her untangled each time (3x to be exact!) but also discovered some wild trillium's on the shoreline...not white but like a burgundy. I haven't seen that kind in years...so of course I took some photos.
5. Don't be surprised when you leave the girls behind...to find a rather large mess...Sunday's involving ALOT of creek mud and a big frog.

so in the garden this weekend...our tee-PEA was planted, tomatoes, corn, more carrots, radishes, and sunflowers!!!!

Updates....
1. The dogs and the rabbit munching...wasn't my dogs, and I have since heard from neighbours on both sides of the accuser...she may be a little off kilter (typical small town gossip...not what i was looking for) but she did actually own a dog last year that was put down for biting HER child (never fails the ones that complain R the ones with biting dogs...) and she also has two dogs that run the neighbourhood?? One I have seen and I know that Mofo and Nishka will stand on the street and not let him past...he is agressive I am told by a neighbour that shoots him with a pellet gun because the dog will growl at his grandkids in his yard?! BUT most importantly??!! many have said they didn't even know we had dogs down here...so obviously they R not down there causing shit!!!
2. My freak out on the k-man seemed to have done the trick...he is no longer making his snide little comments, and has told me he knows now NOT TO MESS WITH ME...LOL I am still giggling a bit..but happy I don't have to listen to his BS anym0re He said I am on the top of his for 'bitch factor' and the former list topper has nothing on me...with apologies again of course. (and a side thank you from his wife...he was due for a tuning I guess!)

No comments: