Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Look Daddy...I am a whore!"

Yup straight from the lips of my almost seven year old Princess! I am not sure whether I was going to pee my pants laughing or Daddy's head was going to pop right off!
Now if you back track to Tuesday, while visiting a friend. Kidlets playing quietly in the bedroom, parents enjoying the sunset. One small child innocently enters asking 'can I paint a flower on Aspen's face?" Sure I said, spying up the 'makeup markers' I can handle that...my kids don't have to been polished clean for school the next day! Needless to say less than fifteen minutes later, there were five children covered in makeup. With the biggest smile on Abby's face...cause she was multicolored from head to toe?! I thought I had escaped with just a good face painting on Aspen and Ryki, only to discover later the "happy faced knees and striped legs under Aspen's pants. But the kicker came when we left. Me and the kids in the car (always the best giggles in the car?) waiting for Daddy and Aspen let it out ... 'look mama...I am a whore' Now me being Loony could only giggle and respond with...'wait til Daddy gets in, tell him that!'
Needless to say...Daddy was the shade of a dark beet, and his response was..."WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? AND WHO TOLD YOU THAT??"
"if anyone ever calls you that again ... you punch them in the face and find me RIGHT AWAY"
So, when my giggles ended and Daddy calmed down, we were told that "a" the boy they were playing with told Aspen that when girls wear lots of makeup thats what it means...you're a whore! He on the other hand, covered in makeup as well...was a "super evil dude" with Aspen as his WHORE!! I am guessing this is one of those times that the wee one doesn't understand what the word really means, and we explained to Aspen and Ryki that the word is like saying b*tch or f*ck...so they should never use it again, and Daddy returned home to phone 'a's Mama to explain to her what had been said (note: "a"s Mom doesn't even wear makeup???LOL)

Now fast forward (back to) Wednesday morning when I woke to the curse day from hell, sending hubby out first thing to find me some Advil, spending almost the entire morning curled in a ball on the couch. Thankfully the pain went away just in time to join the neighbours for dinner....roast pork and venison...damn it was so good, melt in your mouth tasty!!! "k" managed to find a tin of BB's bringing smiles to everyones faces....my Ryki impressed everyone with his 'above average target shots!!! seven in a row!!! woo hoo..my wee hunter!!! he can fetch Mama some meat! (when he is twelve that is)

So now it is Thursday...almost the weekend...hopefully some warmer weather compared to the snow we started the week out with! My pansies have survived! Time for more gardening, and time to get ready for the chickens!!!...plus take Aspen in for more furniture...the dollhouse addition is complete and she is ready to decorate the bathroom now!

4 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

LOVE those kids! :o)

BevMakesStuff said...

TeeHee, out of the mouths of babes.

Um, you were up at 4:46am posting blog entries?????

Liz said...

this made me LOL! hysterical!

DBsmom said...

OMG!!!! so funny