Wednesday, November 12, 2008

wet paint

wet paint on the dogs, on my hands, on my hoodie...there is wet paint in the house and I am not only loving it! I am still breathing! Loony~background...as a child I literally had to move out of my parents house anytime they wanted to do Reno's, the carpet glue, the paint, the new stain on the dresser...you name it, my throat would close down, and I would pass out cold. The joys of my allergies as a child, where many a holiday were spent in the hospital with some sickness or other. A good month long stint as a baby with something as simple as croup! I am glad that my allergies have at least subsided a little in my thirty~something year...but even happier they are making paint with a less intrusive odor!

I am finding out...I LOVE PAINTING~! we have completed Reno's to the computer room, rubber duck yellow and healthy hosta green, and yesterday my love brought me a couple cans of Chivalry Copper. I finished up two of the walls with two good coats...its the self priming kinda paint. My love was shooting for a ralph lauren color, but reality set in at the paint store...we need durable, washable, and one coat easy....dogs, kids, life will still be on the walls despite the new colors. My love still looking funny at my loony factor painting....including the checkerboard ceiling and healthy hosta trim in the living room. "the more you paint the more our house turns into a set from Treehouse" he says...I say...
"you picked the colors my love, I am just the painter!"

loony notes of the day....

there was a shooting in my hometown yesterday, and according to my sister the hairdresser...one fatality. The location..right in the downtown core (d0wntown core being Main St. and Proton St....total streets in town...under twenty) They closed off traffic, and I heard even locked down the grocery store. Big news in a small town, I can't actually say I ever remember something like this happening. Normally the biggest news is neighbours swapping wives or something~! (and yes that HAS happened back in my home time...more than once)..population 2000

locally they are opening up the NorthBay Harvey's again today after a recent ecoli outbreak and one month ...lucky Mayor gets to be the first to eat a burger on the news for the RE opening..I am guessing the line up will be fierce (HA!)

Skewl'n..is going good, the kids are eager to do something when they are bored, they have a habit of starting their day with board game in the morning, if I am lucky it is Monopoly and NOT the simpsons Operation....nothing like waking up to Homer Simpson crying out in pain! But this week when I printed off their worksheets for math on Monday..they nearly completed them all in one sitting. They generally have 1-2 worksheets of math to be completed daily, and writing out their word lists. Ryki is surprising me with his phonics, picking them up quickly, and following in his sisters steps of wanting to 'spell' the words instead of 'reading' them. Aspen has discovered my old lunchbox with OLD sewing treasures, so she has just begun a new phase in clothing her brats....now instead of using my toilet paper and paper towel..she has begun to cut up old tshirts that 'Rstained' and sew clothes on herself!!! that is my favorite part of our UN~homeskewl'n adventures, when they just pick something up and go with it.

my farminals are thriving still, thinking they will not make it to December however..they are starting to waddle. I have had all the neighbours showing up with cash in hand staking claim to their birds for xmas...I send them and their cash packing though...I do not want the money here and there! I want to hit the jackpot at the end of our journey...I want to roll in the dough, and celebrate my profits (insert loony giggle...I barely make two bucks a bird..but add it up 6X$15. and man..I can have some fun!)

so back to painting, finishing up the room...I am going crazy waiting to see my BIG painting on the wall with the new colors. That was my only request to my love when he chose the colors (damn good color picker he is!) it has to match my painting.

Loony goals....to figure out how to post a picture or two here!

Loony Tips....

Lunchables (aka crap in a box) I can't stand the things really, on a healthy side of life...I consider them on the lowest end of eating. BUT there are times when they go on sale for a buck, and this loony mama will break down and buy TWO for each of my kids...Aspen, Ryki, and my love..who likes them too~! We have discovered..they make fantastic paint trays~! not only can you reuse the container, but if you do not fill them up with paint..you can stack the containers, place them in a ziplock, and save your paint for a later date with ART!

Proud Loony Moment...while we had to pass on attending the hunt back home this weekend, I am happy to report that my Ryki's name sake Jacob(age 16) took the honor for the THIRD YEAR in a row for bagging not only the first, but also the most deer during the hunt! Very proud of the young buck for wiping the floor with the old bucks once again with his hunting skills!!!!

2 comments:

cannylass, aka Andrea_44 said...

You are so lucky to have a husband who is good at picking out paint colours!!! I could never trust my hubby to do it as I swear he's a little colour blind (although he swears he's not) and would come home with the weirdest set of colours! However we do have similar tastes in decorating (if you can call what we do decorationg) and I love to paint and wallpaper! Haven't done it for so long and we need to get busy!

I'm with you on the 'lunchables'...hate them! My sister-in-law sends them with my nephew when he comes over and will be staying for lunch! I think she is worried we may try to make him eat healthy stuff....which we do! LOL At least I give him some salad to go with them, but mostly he prefers to just eat whatever we're having...then tucks into the lunchables! :)

Sparroweye said...

I too love this new odorless paint. Home Depot sells it here. Hi Loony.