Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Me and My Loony Idea's

the first one..saying OUT LOUD that I was cleaning the kids room this week. Yesterday was the day I did NOT get it done. Yesterday was the day the kids went to watch a movie and I took a nap on the couch. Today is the day I will clean the kids room, right now is the time I am taking to avoid it, as I listen to the serenades of the Mofo husky at my window. No wonder I am not in the mood to enter the room from hell...I am on edge from listening to the damn dog. But still trying to remain calm when I request the idiot down the street retrieve him. 'on deaf ears" my love says, do not waste your energy.

Save my energy for bigger and better things. Another loony idea spoken outloud yesterday when the kids told me they were going outside to build a fort in the snow. 'what about an igloo?' I said...wth was I thinking! But I am proud to say they both smiled and asked "HOW!!" I handed them two of my plastic butter tubs, (w/o butter) and said, to do this you will need to build many bricks first...it takes a lot but if you build some each day it will be a good start. Off they went, bright orange tablecloth in toe, and their tubs and shovels to the yard to build bricks. Little teamwork action completing ten bricks before coming inside. So I really hope the snow will stay now, I really hope I can motivate my ass to go outside and get cold to help them build some bricks, and I really hope this theory in my head works...I can't remember if I read it, dreamed it , or what but this is it.... build bricks ...table cloth ($$store) will keep the bricks from freezing to the ground, the bricks will freeze harder over night like bricks (dream part/??) and build igloo~! Good Grief here goes nothing~!!!!

on a skewl front, this week it would seem we R past the morning ritual of board games, Ryki has brought out his train track, added a few dollhouses here and there, the little wooden trees on the sides and an hour or so is spent creating a community, complete with the evil dragon ... aka damn dog .... that attacks the village aka stealing stop signs, trees, and the odd bridge when no one is looking. The track is one of those wooden linking models....gotta be one of the best toys for kids to play with. I was lucky when Ryki was two and found a 'generic' type model for $60. not the cheapest...but FUN and lasting. I remember the days when it was me who had to build it each time, including the first time. Took me hours building it according to the picture on the box...I should have paid more attention cause it was two tracks, two separate pics put together! AUGH! But now the kids will pull it out, set it up , ramps, bridges, difference mazes every time! This Loony Mama's vote for the best toy for boys~! Just do not forget to buy the rubbertub to store it in.

final loony note to end it with a giggle...Like mother like daughter
I was just finishing up a happy hat last night on the couch, my love in bed, kids in bed, almost done. I heard Aspen give a little moan and watched as she got out of bed. She went up to the open bedroom door grasped it with one hand and started stroking it with the other. I remained silent, not to disturb the force around her, she was smiling from ear to ear. She looked 'at' me and I just waved, motioning her to come to me. She walked over with the biggest grin and whispered 'thank you Mommy, he really is the best horse ever!" she sat on the couch and cuddled next to me. I sat her up and said 'he is beautiful but its time to go back to sleep' Aspen stood up and held my hand as I walked her back to bed. she got right in laid down as I tucked her in. The whole time with the bright smile looking at me. I told her to close her eyes it was time to sleep. She did...and like a magic snap she was back to sleep. I was a walker and a talker as a child, now generally just the odd JUMP WTF GET THAT BUG AWAY FROM ME sort of talking, but its funny how now its Aspen doing it too.

2 comments:

cannylass, aka Andrea_44 said...

Annette I love the story of Aspen walking and talking in her sleep! I also love the way you handled it. My mother used to tell me about her brother who was notorious for walking and talking in his sleep and for keeping the rest of the household awake with his wanderings! There were even some nights when she would lay and listen to her younger sister and her brother talking to each other....both still asleep! lol
Apparantly though my Grandfather would sometimes lose his patience and just shout out to both of them to shut up! LOL My Uncle continued with the walking and talking even after marriage!

Kim aka Mommy said...

How's the igloo coming along?

I'm with Andrea...I love the sleep walking story.